Financial services for creators and their teams
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack$160k – $200k • 0.2% – 0.9%
Stem enables independent artists to build their businesses. Our tools empower indie musicians and their teams to distribute music, collect royalties from streaming platforms, pay their collaborators, and take out advances on their future earnings.
This role is full-time and based in Los Angeles, CA at our West Hollywood office.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the design and development of our lending, payments and royalties system.
- Build the interfaces used by our artists and their teams to manage content and earnings.
- Collect earnings data and allocate payments to joint royalty shareholders.
- Build the system to underwrite, originate and recoup advances.
- Design and build tools for analyzing, reporting, and visualizing earnings data.
- Integrate with external payments and accounting systems.
- Produce schema design, information architecture, and data presentation features.
- Write well-tested code.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Help indie musicians stay indie, by bringing fintech to music!
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- 5 or more years of development experience
- Worked in fintech
- A connection with artists, writers, makers, or other imaginative creators
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Diverse views and experience, as well as a tendency to include others
- An empathetic attitude
- An instinct to encourage collaboration and team-building
- Experience mentoring others and a desire to have mentors
Technologies we use:
- PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Git, AWS, Docker, Terraform, GCP, Apache Airflow
Stem is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, parental status, age, or disability status. We also prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
401k with employer matching
Generous parental leave
Competitive Company Equity Packages
Unlimited Vacation Policy
Student loan paydown
Stem at a glance
Stem focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Financial Services, Video, and Music. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Stem has raised $22.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2020.