Borderless. limitless. powerful. makes money better
Sr. Director, Business Development$85k – $110k • 0.01% – 1.0%
Open to considering remote candidates in the US and abroad
Interested in helping us change the world of finance and payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented and experienced Business Development and Partnerships expert to join our team. In this role, you'll be engaging directly with the global network of Stellar users as a primary point of contact for the SDF. You’ll be providing support to strategic ecosystem initiatives, vetting potential projects and businesses, and take a key role in helping define the SDF’s strategy around interfacing with our large and growing ecosystem. Most importantly, you will be growing the world of blockchain and supporting SDF’s mission of creating equitable access to the global financial system.
- Source, qualify, and close large transformational global partnerships that add value to the entire ecosystem.
- Serve as an internal leader to drive initiatives and advocate for partners.
- Work with management to craft the Foundation’s strategy to ramp up meaningful transactions on the Stellar network.
- Work with the grants, community and marketing teams to support the launch and execution of new programs and initiatives for engaging with our global partners
- Propose new ways in which the Foundation can provide systemic support and opportunities for the ecosystem of companies building on Stellar
- Represent the Foundation at select conferences and events throughout the world
- You have 10+ years of experience working in business development and / or growing a business as a founder, especially in highly technical industries.
- You have a deep understanding and experience in closing large complex enterprise-scale deals in the finance and/or fintech space internationally, ideally in emerging markets.
- You’re willing to travel 25% of the time
- You have significant experience working with internal and external stakeholders to execute projects and/or business negotiations
- You thrive in an environment where you’re an active participant in cross-functional projects
- You don’t shy away from doing the hard thing. You love doing the hard thing.
- You see projects through and overcommunicate outcomes.
- You’re an exceptional writer and have excellent verbal communication skills
- You have a strong interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, financial inclusion, and the Stellar network.
- You thrive in a collaborative team environment with multiple stakeholders while having a high degree of accountability and autonomy
- You're flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- You're curious and tenacious, with an infectiously positive attitude and an unwavering commitment to being successful
Bonus points if:
- You’ve lived or worked abroad at some point in your career
- You can speak more than one language fluently
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 4 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Stellar Development Foundation at a glance
Stellar Development Foundation focuses on Financial Services, Payments, Finance, Nonprofits, and Non Profit. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Stellar Development Foundation has raised $3M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2014.