Powering the next generation of travel
Frontend Engineer (React)$100k – $150k • 0.0% – 1.0%
HVN (pronounced ‘haven’) is a first-mover technology startup bringing a new category of stay to the global travel industry. We are hiring for a remote-first engineering team and currently looking for an experienced front-end engineer with deep knowledge of React best practices to build dynamic customer-facing interfaces.
At HVN, we’re building the operating system to power the next generation of travel: professionally managed residential real estate for short, medium, and long-term stays. Our end-to-end technology connects, consolidates, and distributes a fragmented supply of private apartments, homes, suites, and villas into tens of thousands of distinct sales channels at the heart of the global travel industry. With 175,000+ unique properties and a rapidly growing client base, HVN is setting a new standard for travel technology and hospitality while unlocking meaningful opportunities for real estate owners, property managers, and travel professionals.
You’ll be joining at a formative time, with the opportunity to innovate in an industry where the rules are actively being rewritten alongside an extended HVN family that deeply cares about your professional growth.
As a critical part of our growing technology team, you will be working closely with full-stack developers to develop new frontend interfaces and modernize existing ones. Projects will range from dynamic search and map interfaces, to interactive visualizations we’ll be building for our enterprise-scale travel industry partners. You’ll be writing modern React components in Typescript for new features. And because our current React code exists alongside traditional server-rendered templates, as we rapidly move towards a fully API-driven frontend, you’ll play a central role in ensuring code, data flows, and tests are properly organized and structured, laying solid foundations for future engineering work and hyper-growth. Ideally, you’ve seen this in practice, and you’ll bring that unique practical expertise to the team!
The position is full-time and remote; candidates will be considered from all geographies. Candidates should be entrepreneurial, creative, naturally curious, and meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Coursework or equivalent practical experience in data structures and algorithms
- Experience using React in an industry setting, preferably a large team
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS with experience implementing UI mockups
- (Optional but ideal:) UI/UX design experience or interest
- Excited to work in an entrepreneurial environment and willing to dive into existing code
- Familiarity with unit testing, source control, and good software engineering practices
- Ability to take high level tasks, plan implementation steps, and execute them independently
- Strong English communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and brief questionnaire at https://stayhvn.com/apply/frontend . We look forward to hearing from you!