Powering the next generation of travel
Full-Stack Engineer (Django/React)$100k – $150k • 0.0% – 1.0%
HVN (pronounced ‘haven’) is a first-mover technology startup bringing a new category of stay to the global travel industry. We are hiring for a remote-first engineering team and currently looking for a talented full-stack software engineer familiar with Django and React to build customer-facing and partner-facing features and interactivity.
Please apply here! https://stayhvn.com/apply/fullstack
At HVN, we’re building the operating system to power the next generation of travel: professionally managed residential real estate for short, medium, and long-term stays. Our end-to-end technology connects, consolidates, and distributes a fragmented supply of private apartments, homes, suites, and villas into tens of thousands of distinct sales channels at the heart of the global travel industry. With 175,000+ unique properties and a rapidly growing client base, HVN is setting a new standard for travel technology and hospitality while unlocking meaningful opportunities for real estate owners, property managers, and travel professionals.
You’ll be joining at a formative time, with the opportunity to innovate in an industry where the rules are actively being rewritten alongside an extended HVN family that deeply cares about your professional growth.
As a critical part of our growing technology team, your responsibilities will include planning and developing backend and frontend functionality for critical client-facing features. You’ll take ownership of features from relational modeling through visual interactivity, in domains ranging from building new post-booking workflows to adding new search functionality based on our existing data pipeline. There will be a mix of backend-focused work in Django in collaboration with frontend-focused colleagues, and full-stack work using both Django and React; we’re looking for engineers excited to roll up their sleeves.
The position is full-time and remote; candidates will be considered from all geographies. Candidates should be entrepreneurial, creative, naturally curious, and meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Coursework or equivalent practical experience in data structures and algorithms
- Fluent in Python with 3+ years of experience coding in that language on major projects
- Familiar with Django and SQL, with experience using them in at least one major project
- Familiar with HTML/CSS with experience implementing UI mockups
- Some experience using React, or deep experience with another frontend framework
- Excited to work in an entrepreneurial environment and willing to dive into existing code
- Familiarity with unit testing, source control, and good software engineering practices
- Ability to take high level tasks, plan implementation steps, and execute them independently
- Strong English communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and brief questionnaire at https://stayhvn.com/apply/fullstack . We look forward to hearing from you!