Machine intelligence making residential real estate simple and efficient
Senior Security Software Engineer
Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
States Title is now seeking a Senior Security Software Engineer to raise our secure development practices to the next level. In working with customer’s personally identifiable and financial information, we’ve always placed an emphasis on keeping that data safe. As we grow our software and the volume of data we process, we want your help in keeping it that way.
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - States Title, North American Title Company, & North American Title Insurance Company - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
- Push security as far left in the software development process as possible, adding code scans, dependency checks, and security tests to our local development and CI pipeline
- Enable our development teams to use and interpret those tools themselves, baking security into the code as they build it
- Work directly with teams on reviewing requirements and architecture for security as we build new systems
- Build platform and development capabilities that make secure software the default
- Educate the team on common vulnerabilities, how to detect them, and how to prevent them
- Five or more years of web-based software development including both client and server development
- Two or more years of security focused software development
- Experience evangelizing security practices across multiple development teams
- Implementing or maintaining security checks in a build and deployment pipeline
- Deep understanding of common web vulnerabilities, detecting them with pentesting tools, and ways to mitigate them
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
Top-of-the-line computer equipment
Multiple Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Paid Time Off
Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Comprehensive health & wellness
Multiple coverage options, so you can find the right fit for your Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance and AD&D.
A modern, helpful 401(k) plan
Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
Generous paid time off and family leave, flexible working options depending upon the role. Unlimited PTO.
Fully support the career growth of our team and provide access to development opportunities at all levels.
States Title at a glance
States Title focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Insurance. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, States Title has raised $216.615M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.