Machine intelligence making residential real estate simple and efficient
Title & Curative Associate
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the role
The Title & Curative Associate is a cornerstone of the States Title Operations team. This individual will ensure that title commitment packages are delivered with timeliness, expert accuracy, and precision, furthering the States Title mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for homebuyers, real estate agents, and lenders. The Title & Curative Associate will be excited to join the ‘title company of the future,’ processing instantly-underwritten files and leveraging technology to streamline the title process. This role will collaborate with the Customer Service and Customer Success function to proactively meet customer needs and provide a delightful closing experience. The Title Processor will be based in our state-of-the-art Operations Hub in Irvine, CA.
What will you be doing?
Understanding and satisfying all title requirements
Performing all required title and curative duties with confidence and professionalism.
- Processing instantly underwritten and traditionally underwritten files. Click here to learn more about States Title’s patented instant underwriting model.
- Confirming legal vesting
- Prepare title commitment package documentation based on customer-specific preferences
- Attaching additional documentation to title commitment package as necessary, including Plat maps and 24-month Chains of Title
- Ordering search packages as needed
- Receiving and attaching taxes to files as needed
- Reviewing commitment package documents for accuracy
- Performing subordinations as needed
- Running additional searches as need be, included Bankruptcy and Patriot Act
- Reviewing for Clear-to-Close status
- Performing additional curative work as needed
- Order payoffs and reviewing payoff judgements as needed
- Reviewing second mortgages on titles as needed
- Performing a Pace lien search as needed
- Completing Deed Order forms as needed
- Checking for city-level recording requirements
- Adding Recording and sending to customers, as applicable
- Title duties include:
- Curative duties include:
Additional customer service duties include:
- Anticipating customer needs and resolving customer escalations in a professional, efficient manner
- Providing status of the transaction throughout the closing process to the appropriate customers
What skills and experience do you need?
- 1+ year title and/or curative experience
- Prior experience in escrow closing, mortgage processing or related field.
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Love for multitasking
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills Knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, and legal documents is required
Comfortable with constant change and process improvement
Proven customer service experience (High CSAT scores only)
Demonstrated ability to work as a team player in a fast paced environment
Proficient computer skills
Bonus: Possession of individual title and/or escrow licenses
Bonus: Experience processing files in ResWare
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
Top-of-the-line computer equipment
Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Paid Time Off
Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
Comprehensive health & wellness
Multiple coverage options, so you can find the right fit for your Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance and AD&D.
A modern, helpful 401(k) plan
Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
Generous paid time off and family leave, flexible working options depending upon the role. Unlimited PTO.
Fully support the career growth of our team and provide access to development opportunities at all levels.
States Title at a glance
States Title focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Insurance. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, States Title has raised $216.615M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.