Health, meet savings
Sr. Software Engineering Manager$150k – $180k • 0.0% – 0.5%
At Starship, we’re working hard to create the healthy future we all deserve by transforming the way people pay for healthcare. We’re passionate about empowering our customers to take greater control of their financial health and personal wellness, building a better tomorrow through superior technology and user experience.
Launched in 2018, our team of engineers, designers, and strategists are redefining the $65 billion health saving industry by building innovative solutions for saving, spending, and investing for healthcare. We’re bringing together exceptional talent from various disciplines and industries to shape the future of health savings and improve the lives of our customers.
As Sr. Backend Engineer, you’d work alongside our CTO, who’s built Starship from the ground up, to take our product to the next level by tightening integration and enhancing compliance with industry standards. In this role, you’d work on architecting, designing, and implementing a system where delivering secure information in real time is essential.
We seek out engineers who are hard-skilled software pros but also thinkers and tinkerers who find creative solutions for complex problems and challenge the status quo. We love automation, code review, and continuous integration, and you should too. At Starship, we’re constantly iterating and improving our products to provide our members with the best experience possible.
What you’ll work on
• Designing scalable and resilient data pipelines and handling exponential member growth with confidence
• Contributing to an event driven software stack to keep auditors happy
• Designing data models and workflows to make use of health financial data
• Collaborating with engineers and product managers to make sure we're building the right solutions for the right problems
• Collaborating with banking partner to integrate into their systems
• Thoughtful communication through code and design reviews
• Striving to build great experiences, and putting users ahead of technology
• Improving our current tech-stack, found here https://stackshare.io/starship/starship
What you will need to be successful
• A willingness to work in a fast-paced startup environment
• Experience in: implementing testable business logic that is secure and easy to maintain; experience in building and consuming various API endpoints (REST, AMQP, GraphQL); and working on payments features or companies.
• Familiarity with message brokers and event streams
• A strong moral compass and commitment to Starship’s core values of inclusion, empowerment, and trust
• Prior experience working in high security environments—e.g., payments, healthcare
What Starship offers
• Welcoming, diverse, and interesting colleagues from all walks of life
• Competitive compensation packages, including equity
• Comprehensive benefits package—medical, dental, vision
• Of course, the best HSA!
• Flexible hours and PTO
• New equipment so you can do your best work
Starship is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Starship at a glance
Starship focuses on Healthcare, Human Resources, Health and Insurance, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Starship has raised $7M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.