Building a network of robots ready to serve you anytime, anywhere
Senior Backend Developer
Starship Technologies is revolutionizing deliveries with autonomous robots. The robots are designed to deliver food, groceries, and packages across college campuses and neighbourhoods in minutes. Starship delivery robots have completed over 500,000 autonomous deliveries to date, traveled over 1m miles, crossed over 15 million roads and met millions of people in cities around the world. Every day our delivery robots are completing thousands of autonomous deliveries across tens of cities and 5 countries around the world. We’re hitting records on an almost weekly basis. Now is a very exciting time to join as we grow rapidly around the world!
Servers are where much of the magic happens. Fleet management, routing robots to customers over the most optimal paths, solving escalations from robots, third party partners and mapping. Also working with telemetry to ensure robots are always at their full health and we always know what’s going on first. Handling robots is a broad challenge – one that combines near real-time systems and more traditional entity management, reliable network connectivity and offline prediction of faults, route optimization and customer delivery flows… and a lot more.
If you feel comfortable with some of these topics then we should talk!
We are looking for someone who is:
- Curious and interested in a broad range of technologies
- Passionate about solving real world problems
- Experienced in development of near real-time systems
- Experienced in database design & architecture
- Experienced in API design and integrations
- Comfortable with delivering value through agile development with iterative processes
To be set up for success in this role you would need to have:
- Experience with time critical systems and short response times
- Complex systems with high availability
- Good communication skills
- Experience with international teams
- Experience with GraphQL, NodeJS, GoLang and Kafka
- Background in building eCommerce systems
- Full time contract
- Location is Tallinn, Estonia or Helsinki, Finland
- Relocation support available
Starship Technologies at a glance
Starship Technologies focuses on Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Transportation, Content Delivery, and Same Day Delivery. Their company has offices in San Francisco and California. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Starship Technologies has raised $82.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.