Building a network of robots ready to serve you anytime, anywhere
Operations Site Lead
Starship Technologies is building a fleet of robots designed to deliver goods locally. Our robots have completed tens of thousands of deliveries, travelled 20 countries, met millions of people and have been tested in over 80 cities around the world to date. They drive autonomously and are sometimes assisted and monitored by humans who can take over control at any time. Launched in July 2014, by two Skype co-founders, Ahti Heinla and Janus Friis, Starship is changing the way parcels, groceries and food are delivered.
Starship Technologies is looking for an Operations Shift Lead for our robot delivery operations. You will supervise a team of robot operators and oversee our delivery service on campus, acting as the point person onsite for both our internal teams and external partners. This role calls for an adaptable, motivated individual comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment. Starship is offering a unique, complex service on campus and this role will be a prominent force behind its success, focused on team management, staffing efficiency, and process improvement. We are looking for a candidate who is an effective communicator, comfortable leading a small team, and able to work independently without a direct manager onsite.
In the role of Operations Shift Lead you will:
- Manage a small team of robot operators working in shifts, driving a high level of performance from a newly trained team
- Remotely oversee other operations using data-driven insights to ensure high-caliber teams regardless of location
- Staffing the Team. Undertake the hiring, training, and scheduling of our operators to ensure coverage for an uninterrupted service
- Optimize - Improve our delivery performance by identifying inefficiencies and finding creative solutions to cure what ails us
- Operate - Roll up the sleeves and stand in for various team roles, working in shifts on consistent basis
- Liaise - Work with our merchant partners to onboard new locations and fix the pain points between their operations and our own
- Improve - Continuously keep an eye out for how our service can better serve our customers and the community as a whole
- Office management- Taking care for office management and facilities including budgeting for the assigned sites.
To be successful you will require a broad range of skills and experience, including:
- Have 2-4 years of experience in operations or people management, ideally in a retail or restaurant environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Passion for doing new and challenging things
- Ability to manage a high number of tasks concurrently
- Thrive on taking the initiative and unafraid to learn on the go
- Comfort working independently without a direct manager onsite
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- BS or BA preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant operations or people management
- Office work
- Speech and hearing ability must be at the level to receive and reply average conversations and exchange of ideas accurately and fast. Visual ability must be ordinary at the necessary level to inspect documents, machinery and systems related to the job. Movement ability to frequent usage of wrists, hands and finger dexterity to movements such as constant typing
- Occasional lifting of items with weight up to 75 lbs
Starship Technologies at a glance
Starship Technologies focuses on Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Transportation, Content Delivery, and Same Day Delivery. Their company has offices in San Francisco and California. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Starship Technologies has raised $17.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2017.