Building a network of robots ready to serve you anytime, anywhere
Product Manager: Consumer Services
Starship Technologies is revolutionizing deliveries with autonomous robots. The robots are designed to deliver food, groceries, and packages across college campuses and neighbourhoods in minutes. Starship delivery robots have completed over 500,000 autonomous deliveries to date, traveled over 1m miles, crossed over 15 million roads and met millions of people in cities around the world. Every day our delivery robots are completing thousands of autonomous deliveries across tens of cities and 5 countries around the world. We’re hitting records on an almost weekly basis. Now is a very exciting time to join as we grow rapidly around the world!
We are building future-defining consumer services at Starship, and we’re looking for an exceptional Senior Product Manager to lead this mission.
Under your management will be our initial set of product categories that already delight consumers today, as well as the mandate to seek new innovative opportunities – extending the utility of the world's most advanced robot delivery service. The goal is to create peerless services that redefine people’s lives, offering them unprecedented convenience. As a result of our collective teams’ achievements we are aiming to grow a once-in-a-generation company. Are you ready to board a starship?
Your primary job responsibilities will be:
- Identify, assess and develop new consumer product opportunities that support Starship’s vision of a radically new hyper-local delivery service
- Drive growth of existing products by identifying, analyzing, and prioritizing opportunities, and presenting their business impact
- Create a holistic understanding of the competitive landscape, market entry strategies, new product opportunities and new earnings models
- Ensure strategic planning for all new and existing products is informed by market insights, the competitive landscape and regulatory constraints
- Ensure progress in new product/site launches by demonstrating extreme ownership of critical workstreams, and driving cross-functional collaboration
- Translating company goals into inspirational action plans for multiple teams, and guiding the work effort towards clear and impactful consumer and business goals
- Leading diverse teams in planning their work, managing dependencies, resolving resourcing challenges, and in making data-informed tradeoff decisions
- Acting as consumer champion within the company - communicating out to the broader organization
You will primarily work with:
- Starship Engineering and Data Science teams
- Business Development and Marketing teams
- Starship Operations Team (remote and onsite)
- External marketplace partners and stakeholders
- Above all, customers...
You might just be the person we're looking for if you:
- Have demonstrated experience in defining the direction, phases, and implementation of complex software services that lead to impactful business results
- Have a track record of working in the direct-to-consumer digital services, marketplace services, ecomm services, or scaled software products - achieving clear and significant business results
- Extensive experience working with a range of product development methodologies in a multi-disciplinary team environment, with the ability to promote and manage the right approach for the context at hand
- Have hands-on experience in executing rapid research and developing solid strategic decision-making criteria
- A track record as an expert in communication with a high level of ability to be both clear and direct, as well a confident listenerHave experience in partnering with engineering teams in complex software development processes - from product definition through to tracking rigorously all product outcomes
- Can work cross-functionally with business development, engineering, design, data analytics, and operations
- Proven ability to be resourceful and adaptable in a dynamic business context, and is comfortable working with uncertainty and pre-validated conceptsHave sound business judgment and strong analytical thinking skills
- Have strong written and spoken English
- High-level of working maturity to constructively work with people who have a diverse set of expertise and experience levels
- Are willing to work flexible hours across different time zones where required
- 10+ years working in a technology company, product company, strategic consulting, corporate strategy or business development
- Minimum of 5+ years experience leading in technology-driven product roles
- Masters Degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Dual degree or MBA seen as a real plus
Starship Technologies at a glance
Starship Technologies focuses on Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Transportation, Content Delivery, and Same Day Delivery. Their company has offices in San Francisco and California. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Starship Technologies has raised $82.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.