Internet service from another galaxy. Using next-gen tech to beam lightning-fast internet
Entry Level Sales Representative
Guaranteed $15/hour + commissions!
This is a flexible part time position working up to 29 hours per week. Hours include evenings and weekends, and can be made to accommodate classes or other commitments.
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide; we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
As a part-time Subscriber Sales Representative, you will be responsible for acquiring new Starry subscribers and driving our success in your assigned multi-family residential properties, condos, residential communities and neighborhoods.
*Subscriber Sales Representatives have high earning potentials and flexible part-time work schedules up to 29.5 hours per week. *
What you’ll do:
- Communicate a thorough understanding of features, benefits, product differences for Starry Internet service & competitors
- Meet and exceed sales goals; identify potential sales, product, technical, or customer care issues and address with your local teams
- Identify, source, and attend potential marketing & subscriber acquisition opportunities to achieve your personal goals
- Call on and visit all new build MDU properties on a regular basis prior to and following occupancy; execution and attendance of frequent on-site events to generate subscriber growth. You will help ensure that Starry services are available prior to occupancy dates.
- Build out waiting list and drive subscriber conversion once the building is live with Starry Internet Service
- Effectively utilize Google Suite, Facebook, Twitter, mobile apps, and other software programs and social media to drive online marketing efforts
- Sell with relevancy and charm; we are not pushy
- 2-3 years relevant Field Sales, Retail, Banking, or Marketing experience
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Willingness to work weekday morning, nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, and sitting for the duration of your shift
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Medical, dental, & vision, no employee contribution required
12 weeks of paid maternal and paternal leave
Generous PTO and paid holidays
Catered breakfast spread from local favorites every Monday
Wine, beer, and snacks in the office
Free gym & secure bike storage in our Boston office
Pre-tax commuter benefits for more take-home pay
Starry at a glance
Starry focuses on Hardware, Internet, Telecommunications, Wireless, and Internet of Things. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, New York, Boston, and Denver. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Starry has raised $130M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2018.