Building software to help e-commerce businesses sell better
Senior Software Developer (Full-stack)₹12L – ₹20L
We are building tools to help e-commerce merchants sell better. Our softwares powers more than 5000 merchants around the world, and we're just getting started.
At StarApps, we ship on quality instead of time. Our team deploys new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. Thousands of merchants will see your work within minutes – a tough but incredibly rewarding responsibility.
We're looking for Senior Developers with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code. This role is based in Pune, India, but also open to work remotely in India. You will be closely working with our Merchant success team to improve products and with leadership team to create products that are highly impactful. You'll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to bring your authentic self to work, and the chance to work with the best in the business.
Requirements for the role:
- 3+ years of experience.
- High English proficiency - both written and spoken.
- A product-minded developer who cares about the "Why" - Why build this feature? How will we measure impact?
- A generalist (or a T-shaped/Full Stack developer) rather than a specialist, excited by problems that require a mix of frontend and backend skills, and unblocking anything that stands in the way of success.
- Strong foundation of design principles inrelations to scale
- Experience in writing automated tests as part of your development workflow
- A passion for efficiency and collaboration, with a history of establishing great relationships with other teams, across offices, and time zones
- Bonus for previous experience working within the ecommerce industry
- The curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things; e-commerce is changing fast, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
- Familiarity with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails, or the desire to learn quickly
The tools you will use include:
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails, TypeScript, React
- MySQL (some Postgres), Elastic Search
It would be great if you have:
- A history of contributing to the developer community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing events
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better
- Experience building resilient, and scalable services
- Experience with development on a leading cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure, Aliyun, Tencent etc.)
- A commitment and drive for quality, excellence and results
- If some of this tech is new to you, that's ok! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.
What we offer:
- We care about you; therefore, you'll be offered a competitive salary.
- Opportunities to travel and work from exquisite locations with the team.
- Opportunities to go around the world to connect with our partners and to make new partnerships.
- We'll support your professional development however you need, whether it's with equipment, courses, books or conferences
- Monthly wellbeing allowance you are free to spend on new running shoes, yoga classes, mindfulness classes - whatever keeps you happy and healthy.
- We offer one annual day off for charitable work and match the donations you made to a charity.
- Flexible holiday policy to help you plan your vacations better.
If this sounds interesting, fill out this quick form.
Meet your team
Get an assured annual bonus and opportunities to earn cash and rewards on achieving specific goals on time.
Upgrade your furniture, interior, electronics and all that helps you work better at home.
Flexibility leaves to help you manage your life and work
Travel and work with the team from exotic locations in India and abroad.
Spend on whatever keeps you happy and healthy, we have got you covered
Move close to the office and get your relocation cost reimbursed
Level up by learning new skills and get your expenses reimbursed
Attend e-commerce conferences and get a chance to network & speak at industry's leading forums
Give your care back to the society and we'll match your donations
StarApps Studio at a glance
StarApps Studio focuses on SaaS, E-Commerce, E-Commerce Platforms, and Shopify . Their company has offices in Pune. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.starapps.studio