We're Creating the Commercial Digital Wallet: a.k.a Venmo for Business and High Value
Director of Risk & Compliance$85k – $95k • No equity
Your primary role is to ensure our company complies with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies as well as our banking partner, developing and overseeing risk policies and risk monitoring procedures, and that behavior in the organization meets the company's Standards of Conduct. This involves identifying what legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements the organization must comply with, performing risk assessments, identifying gaps, developing controls & standards, implementing monitoring/testing measures, managing remediation efforts, and creating and reporting metrics. The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication skills, can forecast and prepare our company for upcoming potential impediments and/or known challenges, works well in a collaborative environment, and can tackle complex challenges that arise specifically within the FinTech payments industry.
Star 8 Financial (S8F) is built by people with integrity and with extensive experience in the jewelry, financial, and tech industries. Working with the team at STAR 8 is a unique opportunity to work with a friendly, hard-working staff in a tech start-up environment. Creating innovative platforms is our passion. Empowering jewelers is our commitment. For the past 3 years, our team continues to proudly develop S8W in-house in Long Beach, CA and we hope you’ll join us for the journey ahead!
Key Job Duties:
• Drafting, establishing, updating and revising all risk and compliance related policies applicable to payments industry
• Responsible for developing and updating ongoing risk procedures and practices
• Act as a liaison between our payment facilitator/banking partner in all communication regarding compliance and risk management
• Hire, train, and manage a team of risk assessment associates, including credit analysts
• Prepare reports identifying exceptions and risk exposures to regulatory violations and make appropriate control recommendations
• Working with external compliance, serving as their primary contact and ensuring all audit issues are appropriately addressed
• Working with State and Federal regulators to prepare for and assist with periodic compliance examinations
• Complete all registration and compliance requirements for the organization
Skills and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree with information systems, accounting, finance, or mathematics emphasis preferred. Experience may compensate for some or educational requirements.
• 5+years of experience with proven Risk Management, Audit, Compliance, Payments, Financial services operations and/or regulatory experience, or equivalent within risk and regulatory environment is desired.
• 5+ years management/supervising team’s
• Train Risk Analysts to the processes and procedures, and using 3rd party validations tools
• Knowledge of AML, KYC, PCI, OFAC, MC/Visa compliance and equivalents in all relevant Domestic and International markets
• Experience with Card Not Present (CNP) merchants, online/digital commerce, and Payment Facilitator model
• Operational experience and management of the NACHA and money transmission Rules
• Knowledge on MSB regulations and MSB licensing regulatory requirements
• Periodic Review of and reporting on existing merchants to ensure compliance with card scheme rules and regulations
• Potential certifications could include GRC Professional (GRCP), Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager(CRCM), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP), CAMS Certification and the Certified Bank Compliance Officer (CBCO)
• Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work with and influence senior management regarding risk and compliance issues
• Proficient skills using Microsoft Office tools
• Must demonstrate flexibility and agility related to critical thinking and making decisions with complex considerations as it relates to business implications
• Process oriented with a desire to improve processes and drive efficiencies
• Ability to work well with others to achieve goals, a team player
• Preferred experience in the payments/Fintech industry
• Preferred experience with IdentityMind KYC/AML solution
• Preferred experience with privacy and data policy, such as ISO, GDPR, HIPPA, etc.
Salary is Commensurate with Experience. (DOE)
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Parking
*Candidates are subject to an employee background check
STAR 8 Financial at a glance
STAR 8 Financial focuses on Financial Services, Business Services, Mobile Commerce, Finance, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://star8financial.com