Uber for Local, Skilled Freelancers
Ruby on Rails Full Stack Developer$50k – $55k • No equity
Touted by many as a BILLION dollar idea, SkillSoniq is building an app to revolutionize the way companies hire talent. On SkillSoniq, with the use of AI, companies hire local freelancers within just a few days. They then test them out and flip them to their payroll if there is a perfect fit, thereby reducing their risk and cost of recruitment.
We are making hiring as simple as speaking into Alexa or Google Home, and recently raised our first seed round from Venture Capitalists, Successful Entrepreneurs and angel investors from Amazon, Airbnb and Goldman Sachs. Our seed round was 200% over-subscribed.
With cash in the bank, business model proven in the market and many repeat customers, we are now ready to scale our product to be used by hundreds of businesses in New York and other freelance heavy cities, especially to put people back to work. We are looking for a highly entrepreneurial and experienced Full Stack Developer who has experience in building and scaling web apps from startup to Series A/B Round. This person will join our core team and will help us get to Series A as quickly as possible. With 30M+ people unemployed and businesses looking to cut costs, there is a surge in demand for SkillSoniq among small businesses and job-seekers.
- Developing, Testing, Deploying New Product features
- Maintaining our Web App (Front End and Back End)
- Refactoring our code base (Ruby + Python + Sidekiq) to make it more scalable
- Working with our Data Engineer/ Data Scientist to deploy ML/AI Models
Ideal Candidate should be experienced in the below:
- Someone who owns the product, wears multiple hats and does whatever it takes to build a world class app - Someone who has scaled startups through to Series A/B in the past.
- Ruby on Rails (Expert)
- Capistrano (Deployment), RSpec (Unit and Regression Testing)
- PostgreSQL and RDS (Expert)
- Python (Should be very comfortable in writing/reviewing code)
- SideKiq (for running matching jobs)
- AWS and Database Expert - Should be able to setup our database to scale and monitor it for security and efficiency
SkillSoniq Tech Stack:
RoR, HTML, CSS Materialize, JavaSript, Python, RabbitMQ, AWS, PostgreSQL, Sidekiq
As part of the interview process, you should be able to showcase previous Apps / features you have built in our tech stack and be ready to take technical tests to prove your coding prowess. This is a full-time contract role that will turn into a full-time role in a few months. We are paying $3K / month during a pilot after which, we will pay $4K/month. This contract role will be converted into a full-time role with benefits once we get to Series A.
SkillSoniq at a glance
SkillSoniq focuses on Freelancers. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, SkillSoniq has raised $100K of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.
You can view their website at http://www.skillsoniq.com