A website makes it real
Technical Support Engineer
Squarespace is looking for a Technical Support Engineer who will help expand support for our technical product suite. It’s an exciting time at Squarespace as we ramp up channels of support for our technical users and expand our API offerings. We want someone who, like us, cares about understanding and supporting our technical users and partners. We’re looking for someone who will enjoy working with our technical product suite and contributing to the team through a mix of coding, customer communication, support, consultations, and content creation (blog posts, videos, technical documentation).
At Squarespace, our Technical Product Support team is a cross-department contact for technical issues spanning across our entire product suite. We partner with a variety of teams—Engineering to debug and patch issues and Product teams to present developer user stories to improve the platform. You will help us support external developers who build with Squarespace products and consult businesses evaluating our offerings.
You will report to the Team Manager of Technical Product Support and can be based in our New York, Portland, Dublin offices or remotely [in the US].
- Advise Enterprise customers and business partners on utilization of the Squarespace Developer platform and APIs
- Help troubleshoot advanced issues on the Squarespace Developer Platform
- Resolve technical issues by filing, managing, and evaluating bugs and improvements with Product and Engineering teams
- Support business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) inquiries through technical consultations
- Advocate on behalf of the developer community by collecting and distilling user feedback to validate and influence product and engineering decisions
- Help maintain developer facing technical documentation and our Developer Portal optimizing developer experience
- 3+ years experience optimizing site performance across a variety of devices and web browsers
- Experience building a Developer Portal and resources that support developers utilize a technology
- Experience looking into unfamiliar code to gain insight into underlying issues
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting APIs
- Experience describing the structure, characteristics, and behavior of software to assorted team members who consume it
- You’re empathetic with the ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes to figure out solutions that will best solve their needs or fix their issues
- You enjoy knowledge sharing, team collaboration, teaching and learning from others
- Bonus Experience (Preferred but not required so shout out about it in your application if you have experience with any of the following)
- Presentation experience evangelizing technical products (APIs & SDKs)
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace at a glance
Squarespace focuses on Internet, SaaS, Publishing, Web Design, and Blogging Platforms. Their company has offices in New York City and West New York. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Squarespace has raised $278.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2017.