Title insurance & escrow company making real estate closings fast, frictionless and secure
Senior Back End Engineer$125k – $170k • 0.05% – 0.2%
Spruce is looking for a Senior Back End Engineer to join its growing Engineering team in NYC. The Senior Back End Engineer will be integral in building the first cloud-based closing, escrow, and title solution for the real estate industry. The ideal candidate will have an interest in real estate and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
* Create efficiency. Our software is replacing reams of paper and dozens of manual processes. We maintain it through clean code, pragmatic programming, and lean engineering.
* Help develop Spruce's company and engineering cultures
* Have 5+ years of professional experience in back end development, preferably with some startup experience
* Have done most of the following: (micro)-services, SQL databases, streaming data processing, asynchronous jobs
* Experience with big data tools a plus (Kafka, Kinesis, Spark (Streaming), BigQuery, RedShift, etc)
* Serverless experience a plus (AWS Lambda Functions, Google Cloud Functions)
Meet your team
Spruce at a glance
Spruce focuses on Real Estate, Finance Technology, Real Estate Technology, and Residential Real Estate. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Spruce has raised $4.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2017.
You can view their website at https://www.spruce.co