Making online learning human, affordable and awesome
Sr. Product Marketing Manager$129k – $161k
Are you excited about building a world-class product marketing function from the ground up? Do you want to help fundamentally transform how professionals learn and grow globally? Do you want to be part of a mission-driven company that aims to change a million lives by 2030? If so, we want you to be part of our team.
Springboard is a fast-growing startup that’s building the online school of the future. Our bootcamps have received rave reviews, with enrollments growing each month. We’ve helped thousands of students switch careers into fields like Data Science, UI/UX Design, and Software Engineering, using a unique approach that involves 1-on-1 mentorship from top industry experts and personalized career coaching.
As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager, you will help launch programs that will help thousands of professionals who want to switch careers in the new economy. In this highly cross-functional role, you will work with the Growth and Product teams, spearheading our go-to-market strategy into new subject verticals and business lines. As you plan and execute on new program launches, you will need to be adept at interpreting market data, understanding our users (through qualitative and quantitative means) and translating these into messaging and channel strategies. You will build a deep understanding of our students’ needs, motivations and behaviors, advocating for them as the ultimate source of truth to guide business decisions. You will need to iterate quickly as new data comes in, and tweak the marketing funnel to bring in more students and take enrollments to a steady state.
- Leveraging different sources of data -- secondary research, user surveys and interviews to build a deep understanding of prospective students and the market
- Formulating and executing on a go-to-market plan end-to-end, by working with user-acquisition, sales, content and product teams.
- Develop and validate user personas, value propositions, product positioning statements, messaging strategy, user benefits, that will be used to build the marketing flow.
- Develop copy and visuals for the marketing website and prep fact sheets/battle cards that our Demand Gen and Sales teams can use.
- Maintain quick reporting feedback loops with GMs, Sales and Marketing teams to iterate quickly post-launch
- Collaborate with our Content Marketing team to create educational content for prospective customers targeting all stages of the marketing funnel
- Run A/B tests on the website to optimize messaging for conversions
- Have launched and grown new products in your previous roles
- Are collaborative and resourceful - comfortable coordinating with other teams, while maintaining an “owner” mentality and driving projects to completion.
- Have 3+ years full-time experience in user research or product marketing (or a combination), preferably at a consumer internet startup
- Have 2+ years experience creating user-facing marketing content (copy and visuals) with proven results
- Have deep user empathy and a curiosity for how people make life decisions
- Have proven experience collaborating with and influencing non-marketing teams like product and operations
- Are a fearless builder and experimenter, with a passion for launching new products and features
- Have strong analytical skills, with the ability to dive into web analytics tools and wrangle quick reports when needed
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and are able to distill complex insights into accessible language that customers and internal stakeholders can grasp
- Have a passion for learning about new subjects and audiences and devising solutions and marketing strategies for them.
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
World-class health, dental, and vision coverage
Flexible work hours and vacation policy
Free catered lunches and healthy snacks
Learning stipend and access to our courses
Company offsites twice a year
Group outings to the movies, surfing, and more
Beautiful digs in San Francisco and Bengaluru
Springboard at a glance
Springboard focuses on Education, Training, Edtech, and E Learn. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Bengaluru. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Springboard has raised $22.265M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.