Making online learning human, affordable and awesome
Business Head - Data (Program Director)
Are you a business leader looking to apply your skills, smarts, and grit to building a mission-driven organization? Do you relish designing and iterating on complex business initiatives? Are you energized, rather than unnerved, by big, hairy, audacious goals? If your answer to all these questions is yes, we have an incredible, high-impact opportunity for you — on the amazing team of Springboard India.
Springboard is a fast-growing startup offering transformative educational experiences. At Springboard, we are on a mission to bridge the skills gap by delivering high-quality, affordable education for new economy skills. Since our inception, we have helped thousands of people around the world learn new skills through a project-based curriculum with 1:1 mentorship, aimed at giving students an advantage on the job market.
As the Program Director of our Data vertical, you’ll work to design strategy and execute on the roadmap for courses, overseeing initiatives in collaboration with a variety of functional teams from Operations and Marketing to Product and Course Development. This is an awesome opportunity to make an impact on thousands of students’ lives — and you’ll have a great degree of visibility into and influence on the business, too, through P&L and revenue.
- Strategic Planning
- Identifying the right opportunities in the market through secondary and primary market research
- Defining key requirements of any new course based on the research and validating its product-market fit based on feedback from employers and subject market experts
- Creating and executing a viable go-to-market strategy
- Program Development
- Designing and developing new courses by working externally with subject matter experts, employers and internally with product and tech teams.
- Leading the curriculum design and content curation by working with lead instructional designer and subject matter experts
- Working with the marketing team on lead generation by defining the target personas
- Working with the admissions team by defining the admission criteria and process
- Designing new program activities to improve outcomes and learner satisfaction
- Program Delivery
- Owning program delivery rigour & the student success; you’ll be accountable for driving customer satisfaction and for tracking metrics such as enrollments, retention, completion, NPS/C-SAT and career outcomes
- Ensuring a unified user experience, all the way from application till the career transition
- Working with operations lead to ensure that program delivery is process driven, consistent and of high quality
- Working with career services lead to ensure that we can fulfill our job guarantee to the learners through career coaching and partnerships with employers and aggregators
- Project Management
- Prepare project plan for launching new courses and any new program initiatives
- Manage course launch on the learning platform by coordinating with key stakeholders including product, curriculum, marketing, admissions and operations teams
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Facilitate information flow amongst stakeholders to streamline operations and identify risks or impact.
- Ensure smooth course operations by liaising with internal teams and third-party content providers on issues like licensing, pricing, service issues, and billing issues.
- Work with cross-functional teams to execute on the vertical roadmap, whether new course launches, curriculum updates, experimentation, or other initiatives.
- Engage with third parties and manage relationships, taking a leading role in agreement negotiations and renewals.
- Are a rigorous, analytical, metrics- and data-driven decision-maker (e.g., a former consultant or MBA), who uses hypothesis-driven thinking to identify problems and drive them to solutions
- Have 10+ years’ work experience with increasing responsibility and ownership over initiatives
- Are empathetic and user-oriented
- Can take initiative and lead cross-functional projects to the desired outcome with attention to detail, organizational skills, and follow-through
- Are comfortable making decisions and trade-offs even in uncertain and rapidly-changing situations
- Are collaborative and have strong communication and people skills
The Springboard team of 150+ works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, medical insurance, off-site travel, a generous learning budget, office lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
World-class health, dental, and vision coverage
Flexible work hours and vacation policy
Free catered lunches and healthy snacks
Learning stipend and access to our courses
Company offsites twice a year
Group outings to the movies, surfing, and more
Beautiful digs in San Francisco and Bengaluru
Springboard at a glance
Springboard focuses on Education, Training, Edtech, and E Learn. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Bengaluru. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Springboard has raised $22.265M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.