Making online learning human, affordable and awesome
Business Development Representative, Employer Partnerships
The Company At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap by offering transformative online education experiences in tech-related fields such as data science, UI/UX design, machine learning, and software engineering. Our courses are tech-enabled, but our philosophy is human-centric: each student taps into a broader community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors and supportive student advisors, as well as career services professionals who guide students through their job search. By following this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with a high percentage of our grads successfully receiving job offers in their field of study.
The OpportunityIn 2016, we rolled out Springboard Career Tracks — intensive educational programs that include a full-refund guarantee that graduates will find a job in their new field — which has led to rapid growth in enrollments and higher-than-ever student satisfaction. To keep up with this growth, we’re ramping up our Career Services team, which plays a key role in our company’s mission and model. As a member of this growing team, you’ll have a groundbreaking opportunity to impact the lives of thousands of learners.
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for using their superb relationship building and consultative selling skills to execute on our employer outreach strategy and get our students into great jobs. This role will build and grow our employer network; respond to, cultivate and manage employer relationships; present hiring managers with curated sets of students for their open roles; and streamline the overall hiring process for employers who work with Springboard.
- Identifying and cultivating relationships with targeted employers and hiring managers (including Springboard mentors and alumni) who currently have, or are likely to have, job opportunities that align with Springboard students
- Managing employer contacts and leads through our CRM
- Understanding and communicating Springboard’s graduates, program, and value to employer contacts, including CTOs, VPs of Engineering, and Heads of HR or Recruiting
- Participating in industry events to market Springboard students to potential employers and to strengthen the Springboard brand in targeted hiring communities (e.g., data science, UX/UI, coding)
- Providing recommendations on the structure, guidelines, and processes needed to build and improve Springboard’s network of hiring partners
- Managing a pipeline of employer relationships with the construct of a sales quota, being thoughtful and effective to engage companies in a way that mutually benefits them as well as our graduates
- Running a consultative sales process wherein you act as a recruiter for our employer hiring partners to deeply understand their hiring needs and then identify Springboard graduates who will be strong candidates
- Getting to know the people in our community, especially our graduates, mentors, alumni, and partners
- Making introductions to match graduates and companies effectively; facilitating job offers and offer acceptances
- Facilitating opportunities for employers to promote their companies and job opportunities, interact with students, and interview potential candidates
- Utilizing, or setting up, processes that will help us scale and automate our recruitment support for employer hiring partners
- Ensuring a seamless, positive experience for both students and employer partners
- Following up with employer hiring partners post job placement to gain additional insights about student success on the job and to inform future opportunities
- Maintaining strong relationships with hiring partners over time by staying in touch with contacts and expanding the scope of our partnership
- have 2+ years experience in business development, relationship management, employer relations, or recruitment
- have a track record of producing measurable results, meeting deadlines, and balancing multiple priorities and constituencies; you are organized and detail-oriented
- possess strong communication skills and are able to build rapport and credibility with external customers and your colleagues across the company
- take a genuine interest in student and career development, with experience working with candidates/students as well as hiring partners preferred
- bring an entrepreneurial spirit — resourceful, resilient, quick on your feet, naturally agile and flexible in the face of fast-changing and undefined situation
- are engaged in the tech community or are naturally curious about tech careers
- are excited about helping people transform their lives through education
Bonus points if you have...
- A robust network of employers and hiring managers
- Career coaching or technical recruiting experience
World-class health, dental, and vision coverage
Flexible work hours and vacation policy
Free catered lunches and healthy snacks
Learning stipend and access to our courses
Company offsites twice a year
Group outings to the movies, surfing, and more
Beautiful digs in San Francisco and Bengaluru
Springboard at a glance
Springboard focuses on Education, Training, Edtech, and E Learn. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Bengaluru. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Springboard has raised $22.265M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.