Making online learning human, affordable and awesome
Software Engineer QA - Automation₹15L – ₹25L • 0.01% – 0.05%
Springboard uses Python/Django as primary technology stack and we are looking to add a Software Engineer QA - Automation to our team. Your role will require you to contribute to automation and manual quality assurance efforts. We have a lot of fantastic features planned in coming months; our product is continuously being improved and you will take on a huge chunk of responsibility to ensure these features meet highest quality standards and contribute to a platform that's robust and scalable.
You will be principally responsible for -
- Being part of a team whose focus is development of Springboard platform to enrich learning experience of thousands by use of mentor-led learning approach.
- Running manual and automated test cases to deliver the highest quality products.
- Work closely with developers and business teams in building test plans.
- Developing automation framework, execute comprehensive suites of automated end to end test cases and test suites for web based application.
- Enabling team members to generate good quality releases with every commit by discovering defects early and iterate fast.
- Analysing failures and root cause issues, filing defects, following up with developers and other teams on the resolution.
- Improving automation framework, continuously evaluating test cases for inclusion in regression, automating newly integrated features.
- Taking full ownership of end-user quality, usability and appeal.
- You have experience building automation frameworks to automate distributed (multi-tiered) systems, creating and maintaining automated tests, designing SQA test plans and test cases according to requirements and manual/automated execution of test cases.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- You have strong team ethic and are interested in fast-paced startup environment.
- You have strong interpersonal, project management and organisational skills with ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results.
- You are meticulous, analytical, and curious about technology.
- You have strong knowledge of Agile testing methodologies and best practices, testing cycles in agile framework e.g. using agile tools such as Jira and understanding of Agile Scrum/Kanban methodologiesWhen you don't know, you ask questions or look for answers on the internet and are not afraid to express your opinion.
- You have hands on experience with functional & white box testing with a strong understanding of/experience with Software QA methodologies, techniques and approaches.
- You are familiar with responsive web app testing methods.
- You are able to quickly learn and apply complex scenarios to create reliable test datasets/environments.
- You demonstrate adaptability and attention to finalizing testing details amidst aggressive time challenges.
- You have worked extensively on testing tools like Selenium, ReST API Automation, Postman, Jasmine, ProtractorYou are familiar with backend and frontend web development frameworks and SQL databases.
- You have some exposure to CI tools such as Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI etc.
- You are comfortable bringing up and troubleshooting cloud-based environments.
Bonus Points if you have done one or more of these:
- Worked with infrastructure automation tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Worked with AWS/Google Cloud Platform.
World-class health, dental, and vision coverage
Flexible work hours and vacation policy
Free catered lunches and healthy snacks
Learning stipend and access to our courses
Company offsites twice a year
Group outings to the movies, surfing, and more
Beautiful digs in San Francisco and Bengaluru
Springboard at a glance
Springboard focuses on Education, Training, Edtech, and E Learn. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Bengaluru. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Springboard has raised $22.265M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.