Give your employees the exact support they need, from early detection to full recovery
Quality and Compliance Manager
**Please note: All hiring and recruitment at Spring Health is handled with a valid '@springhealth.com' email address only or from recruitment firms @hays.com, @oxeonpartners.com, @neptunepeople.com, @rivierapartners.com, or @swingtalent.com. If you receive a message from a sender whose domain is not @springhealth.com, please beware that those communications are not authorized or coming from Spring Health. **
Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry, and backed by prominent VCs including Northzone, Rethink, Work-Bench, RRE, and General Catalyst.
We are looking for a Quality and Compliance Manager to join our team that will report directly to the Director of Health Plan Operations. You will be focused on implementing and monitoring exemplary quality and compliance initiatives. You will also be our in-house expert on organizational quality improvement standards within the behavioral health industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for creating, implementing, disseminating, and updating policies and procedures that are aligned with local, state, and federal laws and regulations. This includes a Continuous Quality Improvement Plan and Business Continuity Plan.
- Conduct ongoing internal quality and compliance audits. Implement and manage systems to ensure regular utilization reviews can occur and demonstrate medical necessity. Serves as the point person for all audits initiated by funding sources or employer partners.
- Respond to all Quality of Care concerns initiated by members, employer partners, providers, or payers in a timely manner. Communicate with the Executive team on all QOC Investigations.
- Oversee internal and external aspects of provider credentialing, including pursuing accreditation with NCQA.
- Identify trends or red flags and initiate corrective action to improve quality and compliance issues. Work closely with the provider and clinical operations teams on ensuring corrections are made and training occurs when issues are recurring.
- Notify providers, care navigators, billing staff, members of the leadership and executive teams of regular quality and compliance updates.
- Own ad hoc operational efficiency projects as needed by the Director of Health Plan Operations.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree with at least three (3) years of working experience in quality assurance and/or compliance, Masters degree is a plus.
- Experience should be in the behavioral health or medical field.
- Strong preference for experience with telehealth or telemedicine.
- Comfortable in amorphous environments and with constantly evolving responsibilities.
- Tech-savvy: very comfortable adopting new technologies and platforms and efficient in tech-related tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and context switch!
- Bonus: Experience working in measurement-based care!
Why you'll like working at Spring Health:
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Good benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits as well as access to mental health care on Spring Health
- Great people: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
- Patient comes first. We are serious about our mission and about the end-game — transforming and saving lives
- Clinical evidence serves the patient. We are serious about our evidence-based foundation
- Move fast. We execute quickly and efficiently without compromising on ethics or quality
- Be open and honest. We avoid politics and are direct with each other — about the good and the bad
- Decide, decide, decide. We don't sit on decisions for too long and are comfortable making decisions even in the face of ambiguity.
We offer health, dental and vision benefits as well as free mental healthcare!
We’re shaping the future of mental healthcare, and are at the forefront of peer-reviewed science. You’ll be the first human to discover something about how to treat mental illness.
Competitive compensation plan, including equity in the company
Flexible vacation plan
our open vacation-policy allows you to take the time off you need when you need it.
We value humility, entrepreneurship, passion for mental health, honesty and candor/directness
make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team.
We care about diversity
diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Spring Health at a glance
Spring Health focuses on Healthcare, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Corporate Wellness, and Hospitals. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Spring Health has raised $30M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.
You can view their website at https://www.springhealth.com