Creating data-driven analytic solutions to transform the professional sports industry
Data Management & Governance Lead$100k – $130k • 0.5% – 1.0%
We are looking for a Data Management & Governance Lead to drive SportsBiz's growing suite of products as Data Management & Governance Lead. We are transforming the global business of sports sponsorship through DeepSport™ our proprietary AI-enabled advanced analytics and decision-making platform. You will be a strong voice as you work with data, design, technical, and business leaders to set strategy and define the product.
Your outreach to SportsBiz comes at an outstanding time in the development of its SaaS platform, as we have just entered Stage 3 of our growth, were just selected to join the world's largest sports accelerator, and have impressed investors with our lean $500 total monthly spend. We are a pre-revenue, pre-money startup with 18 experts in data science, technology, product design, product and user research, marketing/sales, and sports marketing. Those who join the team prior to the Company's expected successful multimillion raise will be entitled to all financial and material benefits granted only to SportsBiz's founding partners.
What you get in return beyond working with such a great team!: An opportunity to make a significant contribution to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base • Advanced personal learning and development opportunities • Comprehensive healthcare plan • Status as a founding partner of the Company which includes a generous revenue generation and equity package.
There's more, but we don't want to go on and on!
SportsBiz is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion in SportsBiz mean that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. We also don't tolerate politics or bureaucratic naysayers - at SportsBiz it's all about the collegial pursuit of excellence.
The Data Management Lead (DML) will focus on working with SportsBiz’s data science, engineering, and domain expert teams. The DML will be responsible for spearheading the Company’s efforts throughout its five categories of data aggregation.
- Lead the Data Management team
- Design and implement Data Management mandates related to Data Governance, Data Quality, Lineage and Metadata
- Contribute to technical design and solution in developing new frameworks, tools and utilities for Data Management
- Evaluate data management tools available in the market and provide recommendations
- Carry out POCs, foster a culture of innovation and learning
- Ability to understand deep technical concepts, design and solutions and translate them into workable technical components.
- Ability to have technical conversations with development resources and senior-level executives
- Facilitates across multiple areas (business, operations, technology, key partners) to drive critical change initiatives.
- Understand data domain adherence to EDM Standards, work with developers to translate these requirements into code
- Understand Operational and Data Quality controls.
- Strong facilitation skills, communication skills, team management skills
- Should be comfortable working with senior technology and business stakeholders.
- Understand concepts around Data dictionary, Data Lineage and Metadata
- Prior experience in data analysis, data quality, data controls and data lineage.
- Worked in a large Enterprise Data Warehouse implementation
- Metadata and data structures knowledge along with exposure to general application data flow Experienced in technical design with a strong background/track record of working in a high-performance environment.
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies
- Strong SQL experience using any of the RDBMS Oracle, Netezza, Sybase, Teradata
- Experience in Collibra, Hadoop, Scala, Spark preferable
- Bachelors or Related Experience
7 -10+ Years
- Prior experience working in a large Data/Data Warehouse environment
- Prior experience in automation of capture of metadata and data lineage, API integration with data governance like Collibra
- Data Analysis, Modeling and Data Warehousing experience
- Strong SQL, Relational Database skills
- Experience with data warehousing and Extract Transform Load (ETL) tools
SportsBiz Group at a glance
SportsBiz Group focuses on Social Media, Enterprise Software, Sports, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in Manhattan. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.sportsbiz.com/