Creating data-driven analytic solutions to transform the professional sports industry
Data Management & Governance Lead$80k – $120k • 0.5% – 1.0%
SportsBiz is transforming the global business of sports sponsorship through DeepSport™ our proprietary AI-enabled advanced analytics and decision-making platform.
We are a pre-revenue, pre-money startup with 18 team members who are all founding members of the Company. Those who join the team prior to the Company's raise that commences Q2 2020 will be entitled to all financial and material benefits granted to SportsBiz's founding members. Must have a keen understanding, appreciation, and passion for startup culture - its pace, risk, and rewards - and unceasing desire/drive to communicate vision/ideas on an ongoing basis.
The Data Management Lead (DML) will focus on working with SportsBiz’s data science, engineering, and domain expert teams. The DML will be responsible for spearheading the Company’s efforts throughout its five categories of data aggregation.
- Lead the Data Management team
- Design and implement Data Management mandates related to Data Governance, Data Quality, Lineage and Metadata
- Contribute to technical design and solution in developing new frameworks, tools and utilities for Data Management
- Evaluate data management tools available in the market and provide recommendations
- Carry out POCs, foster a culture of innovation and learning
- Ability to understand deep technical concepts, design and solutions and translate them into workable technical components.
- Ability to have technical conversations with development resources and senior-level executives
- Facilitates across multiple areas (business, operations, technology, key partners) to drive critical change initiatives.
- Understand data domain adherence to EDM Standards, work with developers to translate these requirements into code
- Understand Operational and Data Quality controls.
- Strong facilitation skills, communication skills, team management skills
- Should be comfortable working with senior technology and business stakeholders.
- Understand concepts around Data dictionary, Data Lineage and Metadata
- Prior experience in data analysis, data quality, data controls and data lineage.
- Worked in a large Enterprise Data Warehouse implementation
- Metadata and data structures knowledge along with exposure to general application data flow Experienced in technical design with a strong background/track record of working in a high-performance environment.
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies
- Strong SQL experience using any of the RDBMS Oracle, Netezza, Sybase, Teradata
- Experience in Collibra, Hadoop, Scala, Spark preferable
- Bachelors or Related Experience
7 -10+ Years
- Prior experience working in a large Data/Data Warehouse environment
- Prior experience in automation of capture of metadata and data lineage, API integration with data governance like Collibra
- Data Analysis, Modeling and Data Warehousing experience
- Strong SQL, Relational Database skills
- Experience with data warehousing and Extract Transform Load (ETL) tools.