We're going to change the way people watch live sports. Forever
Senior Golang Developer for Exciting Sports Start Up$50k – $60k • 0.01% – 0.025%
Buff is looking for a Senior Golang Developer to join us on our journey of changing the live sports experience for 1bn sports fans.
Join us on this exciting journey of changing live sports for all, for ever!
Super secure position with a revenue generating start up with great traction and runway.
Your chance to be an early employee in a fast growing and exciting start up in sports tech. We are bringing the next generation of sports fan engagement and gamifcation to sports. We are already working with some of the most exciting sports boradcasters, esports tournaments, sports rightsholder and events.
Work with an exciting, experienced and super passionate team as we revolutionise the sports fan experience. Join us and change the world!
We are looking for a Senior Golang Engineer to work together with our existing Lead Golang Engineer and add new exciting features to our platform.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining our REST API (written in Golang) as well as planning and implementing new technologies to help us scale our systems to serve millions of users.
- Τechnical design and architecture
- Code new features as well as maintaining existing features
- Write technical documentation
- Participate and run code reviews
- Prototype new and redesign features
- Provide unsolicited advice on the product
- Fixing bugs
- Experience with Golang (4+ years)
- Excellent experience creating and running web APIs
- Excellent experience with databases
- Excellent experience with testing
- Experience building high-performance and fault-tolerant applications.
- Experience with cloud based applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with Agile development and rapid iteration cycles
- A background in startups
- Experience working with live sports data feeds and APIs (OPTA, Sportradar, etc)
- Being a fan of live sports and watching sports
- Experience deployment/management/troubleshooting of AWS infrastructure
What you can expect from us
- Working directly with some of the greatest sports brands in the world
- Work in an exciting fast paced tech start up environment
- Working with sports and esports!
- You have direct access to senior team members (CEO, CTO, VPs etc)
- A hugely passionate team who will support you all along the way
- Working with some of the latest technology creating a new experience for the public
- Flexible start and finish times - though you need to be available for daily briefings
- A fantastic learning experience, with long term potential from being one of the first hires in what will become a significant team and product
- Being part of something very special as we change the way sports fans engage with content
At Sport Buff, you are a key person of the team and company, and you will actually own some of the company you are building (with the employee equity scheme). Being part of this business at this stage gives you power to shape the business for the future, not just the product but the culture and team too.
Thanks for your interest in our company.
No dev houses or recruiters please
Please only apply if you are based within -/+2 hours GMT.