Helping CPG companies stay ahead of food trends
Data Scientist₹8L – ₹25L • 0.1% – 0.2%
At Spoonshot we are organising the world of food data which is used to solve business problems / building applications. We collect large amounts of data from multitude of sources (research, blogs, news, patents, e-commerce, online ordering, restaurant discovery services, social media, etc). You will be challenged to extracting various structured attributes from the data (video, audio, text, multiple langauges). You'll be working with food scientists, which will challenge to pick up knowledge in the domain of fundamental sciences involving chemistry, biology, etc, and re-look at the problem to build domain specific technology.
- Strong knowledge in computer science fundamentals, algorithms, mathematics, linear algebra, graph theory, probability and statistics.
- Hands on experience in handling diverse data sets with strong analytics concepts and ML libraries. Also, working knowledge of spark, kafka, hadoop.
- Proficient in python and using libraries -- nltk, sklearn, numpy, scipy, pandas, …
- Comfortable with django framework.
- Comfortable with web scraping, extracting, manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Strong passion for data-driven research for answering hard questions with data.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Having a good understanding of design principles.
- Passionate about startups and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
Problems you will be working on
- Build analytics to measure the quality of results from user interaction data.
- Conceptualize and develop novel techniques to understand food data and improve personalization algorithm.
- A/B test various techniques/tunings to personalization models.
- Introduce self learning models based on various data points to improve accuracy of prediction.
Meet your team
Spoonshot at a glance
Spoonshot focuses on Machine Learning, Big Data, Personalization, and Food Tech. Their company has offices in Bengaluru and Minneapolis. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Spoonshot has raised $475K of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2018.