Detect emerging issues in customer feedback before they escalate
Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning$120k – $160k
Spiral scans customer support data like emails and online chats and detects emerging problems before they blow up.
Our mission is to make every company in the world customer-centric.
Many companies receive a staggering amount of customer feedback every day - so much that no human could fully comprehend it all by hand. Product managers either attempt to manually scan through thousands of reviews and customer conversations or, surprisingly often, this information is just never used. Spiral, on the other hand, scans all customer feedback in minutes using AI and provides product managers with specific problems that directly impact customers. This enables businesses to fix the problems that matter most, creating a better product and a happier customer.
Founded in 2018 by two former Amazonians, Spiral takes customer obsession to the next level. It provides companies with a scalable solution that shows the true north of what customers want boosting the company’s revenue and customer satisfaction. We are a Techstars-backed company that raised $2.5 MM to date from world-class investors such as Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Techstars, Amazon Alexa Fund, Alumni Ventures Group, and others. We are based in Create33, an early-stage startup space in downtown Seattle though currently, we are working from home like everyone else!
If you are driven, aren’t scared to own a large component in our stack, are excited to experiment with crazy ideas, learn quickly, and would love to join a promising early-stage startup, come join us at Spiral to help thousands of companies make sense of their customer feedback!
- Write scalable software for processing millions of customer feedback pieces a day.
- Work on the data ingestion and processing pipeline.
- Convert raw customer requirements into features and code.
- Build out the machine learning pipeline for our core insight engine.
- Explore and apply state-of-the-art NLP technologies.
- Deliver results to customers through innovative visualizations.
You have some or all of the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of industry experience building production software
- Experience designing and working with data pipelines and distributed systems
- Experience applying machine learning to meet business goals
- Thorough understanding of AWS and cloud architecture and best practices
- Our tech stack is React, TypeScript, GraphQL, Python, and AWS, but we're open to engineers from all backgrounds!
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability and enthusiasm to coach and mentor others!
- We cover 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums.
- We provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- We believe scooting is the best way to get around town. We reimburse a scooter purchase.
- We sponsor an Orca card if you prefer to bus instead of scooting.
- We have a flexible vacation policy so you can take the time off you need.
- We offer market competitive compensation.
- For breastfeeding mothers, we provide mothers’ rooms.
Spiral is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you are game to come and help us make every company in the world customer-centric, then we’d love to hear from you!
We cover 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums.
For breastfeeding mothers, we provide mothers’ rooms.
We offer market competitive compensation.
We have a flexible vacation policy so you can take the time off you need.
We provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
We believe scooting is the best way to get around town.
We reimburse a scooter purchase.
We sponsor an orca card if you prefer to bus instead of scooting.
Spiral at a glance
Spiral focuses on SaaS, Artificial Intelligence, Customer Service, Customer Experience, and Product Management. Their company has offices in Seattle. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Spiral has raised $2.545M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.