Revolutionizing access to space
Senior Integration Test Engineer
A day in the life of
You will help change the landscape of the rocket launch industry, be an integral and unique part of a close-knit team of individuals operating in a high energy environment, changing the fundamental fabric of how humanity puts things into space. As a Senior Integration & Test Engineer at SpinLaunch, you will lead the charge in the assembly, test, and qualification of our Sub-Orbital launch system. You will spend time in both our Los Angeles based Headquarters and our state-of-the-art suborbital test site at Spaceport America, New Mexico. We are currently constructing the most powerful kinetic launch system ever made and are seeking to hire a key player to drive organization, planning, and tracking into the assembly and qualification of the system.
- Drive and assist sub-system owners in the development of detailed assembly procedures that result in rapid and correct assembly with predetermined constraints & resources
- Plan, design and execute integrated testing and qualification of the system
- Build a high level of system & sub-system knowledge and complete mental picture of the sub-orbital sub-systems and their inter-dependencies
- Develop and implement project plans/schedules for the assembly, integration, test and qualification of the Suborbital Launch System
- Identify and navigate considerations for inter-dependency with other sub-systems, physical limitations, resource constraints, etc.
- Work closely with Construction & Build Staff Managers to understand available knowledge, labor, and equipment resources and leverage them effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or in “STEM” related majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 5+ years professional design/development experience in Integration & Test in construction, oil & gas or aerospace industries with significant hands-on field experience
- Strong CAD Proficiency, preferable in SolidWorks and familiar with PDM/PLM management systems
- Project management experience – Test Planning and Logic Linked Schedule Development, labor and equipment constraints, risk management, baseline controls
- Hands on mechanical experience, strong mechanical aptitude & intuition.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suites programs proficiency, including strong MS Project and MS Excel competency
- 7+ years professional design/development experience in the aerospace/ high tech industries and/or advanced degree(s) in engineering or technology
- Heavy hands-on experience building prototype systems (e.g. proof of concept prototypes, flight hardware, technology demonstrators, etc.)
- Experience is placement and setting to work large industrial equipment (compressors, motors, generators, etc.)
- Experience in the design and development of an integrated test plan for the assembly, integration and test of a large complex system
- Experience in developing company policies & procedures for integration and test
SpinLaunch is required by the U.S. Government to comply with various space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident (“green card holder”) as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15). More information on ITAR can be found here.
SpinLaunch is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
SpinLaunch at a glance
SpinLaunch focuses on Manufacturing, Aerospace, and Space Travel. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at http://spinlaunch.com/