Revolutionizing access to space
A Day in the Life of
You will help change the landscape of the small sat industry, be an integral and unique part of a close-knit team of individuals operating in a high energy environment, changing the fundamental fabric of how humanity puts things into space. As a Plumber, you will install, maintain and repair sanitation units, water and gas supply lines, heating systems, and associated fixtures and appliances in commercial, and industrial structures. You will also be required to design and inspect plumbing systems, perform diagnostics, and ensure they comply with regulatory codes. Work independently and solve problems as quickly and efficiently as possible. To excel in this position, you should have strong technical skills, be a master at troubleshooting and enjoy team interface at our New Mexico test site. This is a full-time position located at our test facility at Spaceport America.
Location: Near White Sands Missile Range and Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Reading and interpreting blueprints to assess or plan plumbing installations and layouts
- Installing, maintaining and repairing plumbing systems and fixtures
- Good working knowledge of water supply, heating, and ventilation systems
- Cutting, welding and assembling pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
- Inspecting and testing plumbing systems for safety, functionality, and code compliance
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Fitting and repairing various appliances
- Preparing cost estimates
- Trade school diploma or completed apprenticeship
- 10+ years of experience as a Plumber
- Valid plumbing license
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Good listening and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and patience
- Physical dexterity
- Basic knowledge of construction practices
- Prior experience working on a construction site
- Ability to work in hot, unpredictable weather
- Knowledge of safety rules and practices
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Must pass background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation
- May be required to work at height
- Must be able to climb ladders or stairs to reach objects; comfortable with heights
- May require extensive kneeling, bending, walking and/or standing for long periods of time
SpinLaunch is required by the U.S. Government to comply with various space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident (“green card holder”) as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15). More information on ITAR can be found here.
SpinLaunch is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
SpinLaunch at a glance
SpinLaunch focuses on Manufacturing, Aerospace, and Space Travel. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at http://spinlaunch.com/