Revolutionizing access to space
A Day in the Life of
You will help change the landscape of the small sat industry, be an integral and unique part of a close-knit team of individuals operating in a high energy environment, changing the fundamental fabric of how humanity puts things into space. As an Electrician, responsibilities will include but not limited reading and interpreting drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations at our New Mexico test site. This is a full-time position located at our test facility at Spaceport America, near Las Cruces, NM.
Location: Near White Sands Missile Range and Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers and switchboards from 110 volts to 4160 volts
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices
- Completion of a four- or five-year industrial electrician apprenticeship program or A combination of over 10 years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in industrial electrical equipment
- Basic knowledge of construction practices
- Prior experience working on a construction site
- Ability to work in hot, unpredictable weather
- Knowledge of safety rules and practices
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Must pass background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation
- May be required to work at height
- Must be able to climb ladders or stairs to reach objects; comfortable with heights
- May require extensive kneeling, bending, walking and/or standing for long periods of time
SpinLaunch is required by the U.S. Government to comply with various space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident (“green card holder”) as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15). More information on ITAR can be found here.
SpinLaunch is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
SpinLaunch at a glance
SpinLaunch focuses on Manufacturing, Aerospace, and Space Travel. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at http://spinlaunch.com/