Revolutionizing access to space
A Day in the Life
You will help change the landscape of the rocket launch industry, be an integral and unique part of a close-knit team of individuals operating in a high energy environment, changing the fundamental fabric of how humanity puts things into space. We are currently constructing the most powerful kinetic launch system ever made and are seeking to hire a key player to develop the functionality, aesthetics, and human experience of the structures, equipment and facilities that make it all possible, and later continue that effort as we develop our first generation orbital system.
As our Project Architect at SpinLaunch, you will lead the charge to bring our launch structures and company facilities from design to reality. You will design and drive to completion the projects you own while coordinating with Senior Engineers, Construction Managers, and Executives to identify and satisfy visual, budgetary, and functional requirements.
You will split your time in both our Long Beach based Headquarters and our state-of-the-art suborbital test site at Spaceport America, New Mexico.
Your Mission: ****
- Conceptualization and Design:
- Envision compelling structures, facilities, and features that meet functional and budgetary constraints
- Leverage your creative vision and technical skill sets to solidify abstract requirements into actionable designs
- Demonstrate a high degree of creative thinking with the ability to effectively communicate design ideas both verbally and graphically
- Work from conceptual design through construction documents and execution
- Effectively utilize 2D and 3D design tools to develop concepts into mature designs
- Manage contracts with design and architectural firms
- Project & Construction Management:
- Manage contracts and contractors with attention to detail, quality, schedule, and cost while they support you in bringing your designs into reality
- Utilize spreadsheets to estimate cost and manage resources
- Identify and communicate with suppliers that provide materials or services unique to your projects
- Stay ahead of fast paced construction and system development to incorporate your vision into the functional requirements met by the engineering and facility teams
You Have: ****
- Architectural Degree with preference for Licensure and at least 5 years of applicable experience
- Excellent design and drafting skills and proficiency with computer-aided design (CAD)and common industry tools with the ability to work in three dimensions (3D)
- Experience with graphical design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude: hands on experience with construction or mechanical activities that have developed your mechanical aptitude and practical design mindset
- Construction cost estimating experience
- Organizational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Ability to navigate dynamic requirements and effectively communicate with stakeholders of diverse backgrounds and personalities
- Interest in the build environment and the dedication to see projects through to their completion with an awareness of the specific environmental and social impact of your projects
- Inventive with a high level of creativity, imagination,and a passionate for buildings and the build environment
- Keen eye for detail, as well as the ability to see the bigger picture of a project with strong visual awareness
- Willingness to work long hours, under time and budget pressure
SpinLaunch is required by the U.S. Government to comply with various space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident (“green card holder”) as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15). More information on ITAR can be found here.
*SpinLaunch is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. *
SpinLaunch at a glance
SpinLaunch focuses on Manufacturing, Aerospace, and Space Travel. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at http://spinlaunch.com/