Dockless shared electric scooters for cities and campuses
Country Manager - Sweden
Spin brings sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner. Spin is a wholly-owned independent subsidiary of the Ford Motor Company following its acquisition late last year.
Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin is expanding quickly in the US and internationally and is looking for top-tier talent to help bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
We are looking for a Country Manager in Sweden with a diverse set of operational, analytical, marketing, community building, and leadership abilities. In this role, you will be responsible for overall market performance, growth, and success of Spin in Sweden. You will not only ensure operational excellence, but will also have your finger on the pulse of the business, identifying new opportunities for growth as well as building and maintaining critical partnerships. You’ll manage local teams dedicated to delivering a seamless experience to both our riders and communities. The ideal candidate would have a passion for innovation, the ability to thrive in ambiguity to create a phenomenal rider experience, and experience managing and developing high-performing teams.
* Be the “mini-CEO” - own strategy, execution, team building, and the country’s P/L
* Build a high-performing team by defining hiring needs, leading the hiring process, and managing a growing team
* Manage build-out, deployment, ongoing maintenance, and efficiency of Spin vehicles
* Own growth of the business through effective local marketing strategies, user growth campaigns, and key business partnerships
* Manage performance, track and report key revenue and cost metrics, and use data to optimize processes, creatively solve problems, and track results
* Build and develop strong relationships with senior cross-functional leaders across the company and help define the goals and objectives of each of these teams at the local level
* Gather and synthesize feedback to central operations, business, product and engineering teams
* Become the primary ambassador representing Spin on a national level, meeting with local officials, business owners and customers
* 7+ years of operations management or consulting background
* Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and analytical background where you can mold and understand data to drive action and results
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build sustainable relationships, manage a team, influence stakeholders, and motivate others
* Entrepreneurial spirit - no problems with getting your hands dirty
* SQL proficiency preferred
* Swedish speaker and business-level English
* Strong academic record, MBA or advanced degree is a plus
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paid time off
Cell phone reimbursement
Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing at a glance
Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing focuses on Mobile, Transportation, and Apps. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing has raised $8M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.