Dockless shared electric scooters for cities and campuses
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
*** Candidates must have experience supporting a high volume of non-exempt (hourly) employees. ***
About the Role
We’re looking for a dynamic Senior Human Resources Generalist to support and enable our business leaders and their teams to be successful. We’re a hyper-growth organization so your impact is critical in helping us develop our talent as we continue to grow.
As our Senior Human Resources Generalist, you will advise on all things people-related including performance management, talent development, training, employee relations, employment laws and compliance. You are skilled at using both qualitative and quantitative data to perform root cause analysis, identify trends, tell a story, and develop innovative ways to build people processes and programs while also ensuring your teams are engaged and have the resources to be successful. In your work, you will uphold our values and amplify the success of our business and products through our most important asset: our people.
* Address HR questions, concerns, claims, benefits questions, time and attendance questions, hour and wage questions, and other inquiries thoroughly and in a timely manner
* Administer and maintain updated human resources policies and procedures that comply with federal, state and local laws
* Manage and resolve employee relations issues; conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations, reports, and recommendations
* Provide partnership to your designated business leaders and their teams by aligning our People strategies with the business and also ensuring employee advocacy and fairness
* Assist with developing, updating, and facilitating orientation/onboarding for new hires, manage terminations, offboard employees, and leave administration
* Monitor and adjudicate background and motor vehicle checks for Operations new hires
* Assess, develop, and update training and documentation for HR compliance, labor laws, safety, and other trainings as needed for hourly operations staff; work with internal and external resources to obtain appropriate training curriculum; collaborate with other members of the People Team and Operations Team on delivery of common HR topics
* Provide operational support in managing cases regarding grievances, labor-management obligations, preparation of investigative reports, and discovery documents
* Assist with administering the employee engagement surveys and planning initiatives to build employee engagement, analyze results, develop action items and solutions
* Provide operational support, advice, and guidance for performance management, conduct training for managers and employees, and work through all aspects of the performance management lifecycle including performance improvement plans
* Maintain updated knowledge of legal requirements related to HR, reduce legal risk and ensure regulatory compliance. Oversee maintenance, communication and documentation of employee records as required by law.
* Represent the company on any unemployment claims and assist with gathering information for workers compensation claims. Coordinate and conduct internal investigations and respond to of state and federal employment discrimination claims and other claims as needed.
* Onboard, coach, and guide new managers to our HR processes and organization
* Utilize qualitative and quantitative data in order to identify HR trends, issues, retention, attrition, and more
* Act as a culture ambassador, fostering diversity and inclusion
* Assist with recruiting activities as needed
* Mentor and coach other members of our People Operations team
* Conduct periodic audits of human resource activities to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, and with state and federal laws
* Perform additional tasks as needed
* You’ve done this before—you have experience in a high-growth startup environment with constant change as your companion; 4+ years of experience working as an Employee Relations Specialist or Manager, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, HR Generalist or similar role
* Experience working for a company with a high number of hourly employees
* Ability to travel as needed
* Ability to analyze and recommend solutions regarding human resources laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
* Experience in applying human resources concepts, principles, policies, and regulations in the areas of employee relations, performance management, career development, compensation, time and attendance, and employment law
* Experience providing guidance to supervisors and managers to address appropriate courses of action related to misconduct, informal/formal discipline, adverse actions, unacceptable performance, and performance assistance/improvement plans.
* Strength in project management from design to execution; ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical behavior and maintain confidentiality
* Ability to appropriately navigate the line between employee advocacy and interests of the company
* Familiarity with using/maintaining HRIS and Recruiting ATS systems
* You’re a relationship builder who is self-aware, a strong communicator who works with managers/leaders to establish credibility quickly and possess strong consulting skills
* Excellent judgement and problem-solving capabilities as well as the ability to make thoughtful decisions
* Strong written and verbal communication skills along with strong presentation skills
* Strong organizational skills, great follow through on tasks, and you are able to juggle multiple competing priorities.
* Ability to manage challenging issues to closure and help managers build high-performing teams
* Creative problem solver, able to manage decision-making independently, and “think like an owner” when it comes to aligning People strategies and goals with your designated business teams’ strategies and goals
* Eagerness to learn and grow within People Operations
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paid time off
Cell phone reimbursement
Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing at a glance
Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing focuses on Mobile, Transportation, and Apps. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing has raised $8M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.