Dockless shared electric scooters for cities and campuses
Community Partnerships Associate - Midwest
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About The Role
Spin is committed to making micromobility work for everyone in the communities we serve. Spin is seeking an outgoing, curious, and responsible Community Partnerships Associate who is dedicated to deeply understanding community issues and helping strengthen Spin’s micromobility service. The ideal Community Partnerships Associate is someone who can cultivate trust with local organizations while conveying the many values of Spin and our ability to provide civic, community, and user benefits.
At Spin, Community Partnerships Associates are assigned to a regional territory where they are responsible for the planning and execution of user outreach initiatives and partnerships with local community organizations. As a Community Partnerships Associate, you will proactively build relationships in order to fulfill Spin’s Partnership Promise, you will ensure that Spin meets and exceeds all outreach requirements provided within local operating permits, and you will grow Spin’s user base with a particular focus on areas that are underserved by other mobility options. We are looking for a results-oriented professional who is passionate about micromobility’s potential impact on the local community, and who is willing to go above and beyond to meet the needs of the business.
* Represent Spin on the local level, strengthening Spin’s brand, reputation and ability to provide services of value to the community
* Build relationships with organizations (businesses, clubs, nonprofits, etc) in your target community, and develop a prioritized plan for reaching them
* Represent Spin at events (tabling, safety trainings, street fairs, parades, rides, etc), and coordinate support with part-time or third-party resources when needed.
* Promote Spin Access, Spin’s program designed to reduce barriers to use of our scooters by different user groups
* Fulfill all local obligations required within Spin’s local operating agreements or permits in conjunction with the Government Partnerships team
* Build a close relationship with Spin’s local General Manager and local operations team to maintain a strong understanding of operations challenges and opportunities for collaboration
* Collect, track, and report on data to the Spin team and to the City itself, as well as public agencies, and local organizations
* 2-4+ years of experience in a business or community focused role, with experience in advocacy, organizing, and coalition building.
* Strong cultural competence and ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of groups.
* Ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail, and manage a high volume of conversations at different lifecycle stages.
* Passion for your city, micromobility, and social equity
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
* Ability to speak a second language is a plus Ability to stand, stoop, bend, and lift up to 45 lbs.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Paid time off
Cell phone reimbursement
Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing at a glance
Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing focuses on Mobile, Transportation, and Apps. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing has raised $8M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.