Dockless shared electric scooters for cities and campuses
Business Operations Manager
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
The Business Operations Manager will champion high priority projects for our COO. This role will tackle key business priorities that help amplify the growth of our business, share best practices, and implement operational improvements. Using strong operational and analytical experience from past environments, this person will tackle key projects that will be instrumental in driving our business forward.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
* Develop frameworks, drive data analysis and project manage important strategic priorities in order to optimize our business and solve problems as they arise
* Work closely with other members of the Spin team, measure the impact and efficiency of processes while identifying new ways to create value to the business
* Scale best practices that are incubated from test to global implementation
* Oversee business performance reporting and own strategic content distribution to executive leadership
* Be a hard-working multitasker, supporting teams in multiple locations. You’ll be one of the go to people when the business requires solutions to fire drills.
Experience & Skills:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* 4+ years of experience in strategy / investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / high-growth operations or startup
* Flexibility to travel 10-20% of the time to markets as needed
* Excellent communication skills: collaborate effectively across internal and remote cross functional teams
* Analytical background: you can mold and understand data to drive action and results
* Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
* Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly and we need to do them well
* Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will increase efficiency in this role
* Strong Excel / data management / Powerpoint skills
* Knowledge of SQL & Python, R is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paid time off
Cell phone reimbursement
Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing at a glance
Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing focuses on Mobile, Transportation, and Apps. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing has raised $8M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.