Dockless shared electric scooters for cities and campuses
Senior Product Manager, Hardware
About Spin Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner. Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community. Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like. About the role Spin Product Managers on the hardware team develop our next generation vehicles, along side our engineering, supply chain, and design teams. We are looking for exceptionally entrepreneurial Product Managers to innovate and execute strategic hardware initiatives across our fast growing, multidisciplinary company. Responsibilities:
- Understand Spin's strategic and competitive position and deliver world class products through data analysis, market research and understanding your users.
- Lead and establish a shared product vision across functional teams, from engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, to policy and operations.
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of stakeholders from partner teams to executive levels.
- Broad domain awareness - keep up-to-date on the latest technological and competitive advances in the industry
- Manage cross-functional projects and time-critical tasks with experts across teams such as hardware engineering, supply chain operations, policy, and marketing
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the product design engineering field - ie. vehicle design, consumer electronics, mass-production products.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Passion for personal mobility and transportation.
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Metrics drive - be comfortable defining and analyzing metrics that inform the success of products.
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences.
Benefits & Perks - Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership- Competitive health benefits- Daily catered lunch in our SF office- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits - Monthly cell phone bill stipend-Wellness perk for salaried roles Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Paid time off
Cell phone reimbursement
Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing at a glance
Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing focuses on Mobile, Transportation, and Apps. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Spin - Electric Scooter Sharing has raised $8M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.