We take care of employee leave, so you don't have to
Product Specialist$50k – $75k • 0.001% – 0.01%
Sparrow is a fast-growing software startup based in San Francisco. Our mission is to make it simple for companies to provide their employees with all kinds of leave (i.e. family, medical, etc.). Currently, the leave management process is painful and inefficient for everyone—company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and the employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their career. Sparrow transforms this ordinarily tedious, error-prone, and time-consuming process into a quick and simple one, saving teams time (20-40 hours per leave) and money (up to $25K per leave).
Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
Sparrow is looking for a Product Specialist to join our fast-growing team. As an early member of Sparrow, your day-to-day will include:
Excelling at the core Product Specialist responsibilities:
- Drive success through initial client kickoff and provide a supportive, personalized end-to-end leave of absence experience for customers
- Act responsively, accurately, and with attention to detail in a considerate and timely manner with your assigned customers
- Interface and collaborate comfortably with a variety of key parties: individuals on leave, HR/payroll teams, state representatives, doctor’s offices, etc. through various methods of communication (phone call, email, in-person)
In collaboration with the Sparrow team, building a better product:
- Collect and share product feedback that you receive during customer interactions
- Evaluate our impact at each leave life cycle
- Implement process improvements to resolve inefficiencies and address customer pain points
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Clear, empathetic communicator able to balance rapport and problem solving
- People person — remarkable degree of empathy and interpersonal intuition, and strong, active listening skills
- Learner’s mindset — highly self-directed, adaptable, and up for feedback and implementation in a fast paced, always changing environment
Why be a Product Specialist at Sparrow?
- Sparrow solves an acute pain point experienced by companies and their employees.
- We strive to be the best in the industry by addressing long-standing problems in the process and providing exceptional service. This means that as a Product Specialist, most of the people you work will be grateful for your help!
- The insights you will gain in customer needs will make you an invaluable team member for our product and engineering team.
To learn more about the Sparrow team and benefits, check out our careers page.
In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
Why are you a good fit for this role?
What are your feelings on puppies?