Solving the struggle of charging multiple devices. Wireless solution that powers up to six at once.
Junior Firmware Engineer
Spansive is on the search for a Junior Firmware Engineer with 1-2 years work experience.
You'll be a contributing member on Spansive's current and future product lines from concept to production. You will be working closely with our CTO and our team of experienced hardware engineers to implement complex subsystems.
Knowledge of RTOS systems, python, general hardware, and lab equipment are pluses.
Last but not least, you must be passionate about solving complex embedded systems problems in small but agile teams.
Problems you'll be solving:
- Optimizing code for a resource limited system.
- Interfacing with low-level sensors, and processing the captured data.
- Implementing real-time multi-threaded control systems
- Creating an IoT node on a Wifi enabled embedded system
Qualifications, Requirements, and Skills:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience with firmware or embedded systems
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Familiarity with ARM architecture MCU's (Cortex-M7/M4)
- Understanding of Multi-threaded systems
- Knowledge of common microcontroller peripherals (ADCs, PWMs, SPI, I2C)
- Competitive salary with equity plan
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- 4 weeks paid time off + 7 bank holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Weekly team lunch
- Unlimited snacks, drinks and ice cream
- Quarterly Team Events
Spansive started in a storage closet at MIT, but we are now funded by Foundry Group, Uncork Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank. Our team has built the first multi device wireless power system for phones, wearables & e-readers at scale that can live and breathe on desks and in homes around the world.
We've built a diverse, collaborative, hands on, and communicative team that works well together and would love to hire someone that continues to foster this environment for our team.
Our office is located beside YouTube in San Bruno, CA and is accessible by BART, Caltrain, and car (20 min to SF, 40 min to SJ on 280).