Revolutionizing space technology
Test Software Engineer (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TEST SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARLINK)
SpaceX is developing a low latency, broadband internet system to meet the needs of consumers across the globe. Enabled by a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites, Starlink will provide fast, reliable internet to populations with little or no connectivity, including those in rural communities and places where existing services are too expensive or unreliable. We are looking for talented, creative, and driven test software engineers to spearhead the development of millions of consumer-facing devices that will sit in our customers’ homes.
Responsible for the development and execution of software and, when needed, hardware solutions that automate testing strategies for physical sensors, such as pressure, acceleration, strain, and temperature. Primary responsibility includes designing and developing test software that automates both the testing of such sensors and analysis of test results. Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop modular, reusable test and automation software in Python and similar languages for manufacturing and engineering design verification
- Develop machine learning and data analysis tools to track and report trends in key parameters and interpret failures
- Interface with custom PostGreSQL-based enterprise databases
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers and operators to improve interfaces for better productivity, throughput, and safety
- Provide training and technical support, and incorporate feedback from factory operators
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other engineering discipline
- Experience developing application, test, or automation software in an interdisciplinary environment
- Experience with new product development or factory production
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ year experience or master’s degree in a related engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience supporting test and automation to transition products from development to manufacturing
- Experience in software development with Python, Linux, BASH, C/C++, and common markup languages
- Experience with configuration management and source code control, such as Git and SVN
- Experience with Jenkins, PowerShell, Ansible, or Puppet for software deployment
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems, RAID, VLANs, network security
- Experience developing graphical user interfaces for workplace applications
- Experience with data trending tools like Grafana, Minitab, R, or JMP
- Experience with SQL database programming and administration
- Experience with high-volume production line automation and test
- Experience with RF protocols including WiFi, Ku, Bluetooth, and GPS
- Extensive knowledge with a range of digital and analog interfaces including GPIB, USB, VISA, TCP/IP, VLAN, CAN bus, SPI, I2C, analog-to-digital conversion
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skill
- Available to work extended hours as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX at a glance
SpaceX focuses on Manufacturing, Transportation, Aerospace, and Space Travel. Their company has offices in Washington, Hawthorne, Lompoc, McGregor, and Beale Air Force Base. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, SpaceX has raised $2.475B of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.
You can view their website at http://www.spacex.com