Revolutionizing space technology
Software Engineer (Starlink Hardware Test)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARLINK HARDWARE TEST)
As a software engineer on the Starlink hardware test team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and verification of software used to manufacture and test Starlink satellites. You will engage with other SpaceX engineers to develop highly reliable software that allows SpaceX to manufacture the world’s largest satellite constellation. You will be responsible for the complete life cycle of the software you create, from development to testing to deployment at the manufacturing facility.
- Develop modular, reusable software in Python to automate manufacturing processes and tests
- Evaluate existing applications and frameworks for reliability and scalability issues, recommend practical solutions, and drive modifications to completion
- Develop data analysis tools to track and report trends in manufacturing data
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar discipline
- Development experience in Python, C# or other object oriented language
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Developed, debugged and deployed software that has been used in real world applications/projects
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience developing software used in manufacturing environments
- Must be available to work extended hours as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX at a glance
SpaceX focuses on Manufacturing, Transportation, Aerospace, and Space Travel. Their company has offices in Washington, Hawthorne, Lompoc, McGregor, and Beale Air Force Base. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, SpaceX has raised $2.475B of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.
You can view their website at http://www.spacex.com