Revolutionizing space technology
Sr. Software Engineer (Starlink Hardware Test)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARLINK HARDWARE TEST)
SpaceX is developing a low latency, broadband internet system to meet the needs of consumers across the globe. Enabled by a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites, Starlink will provide fast, reliable internet to populations with little or no connectivity, including those in rural communities and places where existing services are too expensive or unreliable.
As a senior test software engineer on the Starlink team, you will be responsible for designing and developing the software systems used to manufacture and test Starlink satellites. You will be responsible for ensuring our software systems are able to scale to meet future needs by manufacturing facilities across the globe.
- Design and develop software and systems for manufacturing test, data storage and analysis, and automation of engineering and business functions
- Evaluate existing applications and frameworks for reliability and scalability issues and lead efforts to optimize, decouple or replace
- Work closely with software, manufacturing, and production test teams to develop software systems that result in increased productivity, throughput, and safety
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
- Mentor other software engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar discipline
- 6+ years of professional experience developing software in Python, C# or other object oriented language
- Experience with developing, debugging and deploying software that has been used in real world applications/projects
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- In depth knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems, network security, product security
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals
- Experience developing software used in manufacturing environments, preferably high-volume
- Experience working with global contract manufacturers
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skill
- Must be available to work extended hours as needed
- Must be willing to travel (<10%)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX at a glance
SpaceX focuses on Manufacturing, Transportation, Aerospace, and Space Travel. Their company has offices in Washington, Hawthorne, Lompoc, McGregor, and Beale Air Force Base. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, SpaceX has raised $2.475B of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.
You can view their website at http://www.spacex.com