Revolutionizing space technology
Lead Hardware Test Software Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEAD HARDWARE TEST SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Directly manage hardware test software engineers responsible for development of systems and software to automate manufacturing test of Starlink PCBAs and electromechanical components
- Define and lead test software roadmap for Starlink v1.5 and v2.0 production
- Spearhead improvements to test software reliability and maintainability
- Participate in code reviews of team members, provide technical leadership, and grow the skills and efficiency of the team
- Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards common project goals
- Grow team by hiring highly effective test software engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other engineering discipline
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Professional experience programming in Python or other object oriented language
- Experience leading others in a technical or project management capacity
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in software development and delivering robust and scalable reliable software and systems
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing
- Experience with data management, analysis, and presentation techniques
- Experience with both Windows and Linux system usage/administration
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with frequent changing needs and requirements
- Experience leading teams in a rapidly changing, highly demanding environment
- Strong desire to mentor and grow employees
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX at a glance
SpaceX focuses on Manufacturing, Transportation, Aerospace, and Space Travel. Their company has offices in Washington, Hawthorne, Lompoc, McGregor, and Beale Air Force Base. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, SpaceX has raised $2.475B of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.
You can view their website at http://www.spacex.com