Sounding Board is a scalable leadership development platform, combining technology and coa
Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)$125k – $150k • 0.01% – 0.5%
Sounding Board is a fully digital leadership development platform for enterprises. Backed by top leaders and VCs s.a. Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures and other angel investors. Several Unicorn companies thrive on Sounding Board to achieve their business outcomes.
We have a canvas ready for an ambitious full stack senior engineer to design and build a scalable learning platform. This is a pivotal role in the core engineering team that drives the vision and mission of the company forward. You will be central to building and delivering the product roadmap.
What is this Opportunity?
• Be yourself, feel valued, learn and grow to build your future self
• Be the engineering leader to drive core product foundation for the company
• Create and operate in a lean software development lifecycle; design, code, test, release design, code …
• Unique opportunity to lead the core engineering team and to lay the foundation of engineering direction
What will I be doing?
• Architecture & Design: Design platform architecture for extensibility and scalability
• Conceptual Depth: Deep understanding of DOM event model, API management, HTTP protocol etc.
• Documentation & Peer Review: Create architectural documents, specifications and align team members
• CI/CD & automated testing: Bias for automated testing to eliminate any manual process from the dev cycle
• Focus on Process, Learning & Iterations: Collaborate with product managers, designers and customers
• Experience with Enterprise web application frameworks, servers, and tools, and performance testing
• Write, Speak, or Tweet: Represent Sounding Board publicly in whatever form feels natural to you etc.
What skills do I need?
• 5-15 years of full-time work experience as a full stack software engineer
• Complex software systems development with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability
• Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
• Comfort with ambiguity and rapidly changing requirements.
• Growth mindset. Collaboration with a healthy balance of humility and confidence
• Plus: Exposure to enterprise platforms, marketplaces, Learning & Development or startup experience
• The ability to apply systems thinking in software development for scalable design
• BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/ IT or a related field
• We love and use React – so experience there is a big plus
Meet your team
Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
Open PTO - take time when you need it
Coaching & Wellness benefit - Every employee gets a 1:1 coach & monthly wellness stipend
Easy commute to downtown SF, flexible working environment
Competitive salary, bonus, and benefits
Passionate, diverse & inclusive team
Sounding Board at a glance
Sounding Board focuses on Enterprise Software, Machine Learning, Marketplaces, Corporate Training, and Human Resource Automation. Their company has offices in Silicon Valley and Foster City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Sounding Board has raised $3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.
You can view their website at https://www.soundingboardinc.com/