Building the art and luxury resale marketplace of the future
A Really Good Software Engineer$140k – $200k
(Open to remote work)
At Sotheby’s we are on a mission to make art, design, and luxury collectibles more widely accessible. We are achieving this by building a resale marketplace designed to scale the consignment and sale of unique pieces. In this role, you will work with a team of engineers, designers, and product managers to build transformative products that unlock supply and fulfill demand for one of a kind collectibles.
We are seeking candidates who are experienced product developers, can drive technical vision, pose innovative and efficient solutions to complex business requirements. We’re looking for team players who value opinions of others, are data-driven in their approach, and take initiative.
Our team is distributed across multiple countries and we require people that are good communicators and can work in a diverse, multicultural online environment.
What you’ll do:
• Help deliver on the product vision for reshaping a 300-year old industry through building a compelling modern marketplace experience
• Help drive Sotheby's contribution to servicing the circular economy and drive adoption of marketplace experience to a completely new target demographic
• Collaborate with designers, user researchers, and engineers to test and ship features continuously
You'll be responsible for:
• Building, optimizing, and maintaining internal and consumer-facing tools that enable Sotheby's sell consigned inventory
• Designing and building elegant abstractions, shareable libraries, and robust APIs
• Actively looking for ways to improve the end-to-end experience for specialists across Sotheby's internal-facing product portfolio
• Working closely with product managers, and stakeholders across the company
• 5+ years of industry engineering experience with proven track record
• Must have proven experience creating and deploying distributed systems
• Must have experience writing microservices with clear separation of concerns
• Knowledge of data structures and algorithms especially as pertain to web system design and distributed systems
• Knowledge and experience with Either Golang, Scala, Python is a big plus
• Must have knowledge of RDBMS such as Postgres or MySQL and writing migrations
• Working knowledge of GraphQL and GRPC is a big plus
• Working knowledge and experience writing in Golang is a big plus
• Working knowledge and experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Working knowledge of cloud platforms such as GCP or AWS
• Working knowledge of messaging queue systems
Sotheby's x Thread Genius at a glance
Sotheby's x Thread Genius focuses on Marketplaces, E-Commerce Platforms, Auctions, Art, and Logistics. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.