Powering Social Music
Director of Finance and Operations$125k – $170k • 0.1% – 0.2%
Songclip powers the music in your favorite apps! We’re at the start of a revolution in how people will use music to communicate. Look at the unicorns that have been built on simple concepts like photo and video filters. Now imagine what would happen if those same minds were truly set free to innovate with music. What would that look like? Do you want to help make it happen? Come join us!
The Songclip API delivers fully compliant music clips to enhance user experience, drive engagement, increase revenue and make everything more fun and social. We have the support of the music industry, from labels to publishers to managers and artists. We have issued patents around music in messaging and social experiences. We have a proprietary intelligence and meta-tagging system wrapped around all of our content. We have amazing, innovative consumer applications as partners.
Songclip is growing fast and we’re just getting started! Our team is looking for a hands-on Director of Finance and Operations to join the leadership team as our first full-time finance hire and help collectively make strategic and operational decisions for the company. Reporting directly to the COO/Co-Founder, the role will be responsible for all financial operations. It is both hands-on and strategic and requires the skill and flexibility to zoom out and in as needed.
This role offers a tremendous learning experience, the opportunity to scale a functional area, close partnership with our executive leadership team and a platform to make a lasting impact on Songclip’s business and the music industry as a whole.
Your key areas of focus:
- Lead financial planning, budgeting, and reporting.
- Optimize our business/revenue model as the value chain becomes increasingly clearer.
- Ensure pristine flow of revenue in > royalties/reporting out to rights holders, constantly optimizing for efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage all regular investor and board communication.
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, working with third-party accountants or transitioning to internal resources as necessary.
- Own our runway - make our operation more efficient, recommend new funding approaches and generally make sure we are lean and well-leveraged as a company.
- Develop and maintain necessary accounting policies and systems.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support the company’s growth.
- Collaborate with the executive team on developing and executing a corporate fundraising strategy.
- Represent the company externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and investor relations.
- Coordinate, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Oversee transactions related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Coordinate Corporate tax reporting and preparation of tax returns with outside tax accountants.
- Oversee stock administration / equity management via Carta.
- Identify and manage outside vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in accounting or finance preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Finance Management.
- Solid experience with financial analysis and forecasting, including experience with three statement financing: modeling, preparing statistical reports and making recommendations based on analysis and research.
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance and other accounting theory, principles and practices to include GAAP, SaaS accounting, Revenue Recognition, and Stock-Based Compensation.
- Mastery knowledge of GSuite; accounting software, including QuickBooks, Expensify, and Bill.com.
- Comfort in the startup environment; prior experience working with B2B companies preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Collaborative and empathetic. We care about and respect each other as a team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with leveraging modern BI systems is a strong plus.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Stock Option Plan
Songclip at a glance
Songclip focuses on Enterprise Software, Music, Entertainment Industry, and Content Management. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.