Replacing petroleum-based chemicals with plant-derived alternatives
Growth Marketer$60k – $80k • No equity
MISSION: The mission for this role is to drive inbound leads from customers to Solugen’s products and services through a combination of digital & direct marketing, and driving brand awareness of our story, mission, vision, and product offerings through targeted campaigns. In short, you will build Solugen’s Demand Generation Machine!
- Drive digital marketing strategy to grow in-bound leads to 50 per week by January 1st, 2021
- Create a 90-day digital marketing plan and budget to drive web leads
- Own the design, messaging, and content on Solugen’s website and other relevant web properties to drive SEO and increased customer conversion
- Manage outside SEO/SEM vendor(s) to drive ranking on relevant search terms
- Continually test new sources of web leads to improve quantity and quality of web leads
- Thorough understanding of and experience in managing key internet marketing performance metrics
- Experience managing/overseeing a broad spectrum of B2B programs, including (but not limited to) pay-per-click, social media marketing, search engine optimization, affiliate marketing, social networking, retargeting campaigns
- Ability to effectively manage outside vendors, including selection, negotiating terms, and managing the vendor, including selection, negotiating terms, and managing the vendor to performance targets
- Drive direct marketing strategy to grow to 12 qualified leads per month by January 1st, 2021
- Create a 90-day direct marketing plan and budget to drive qualified customer leads
- Own, design, measure, and determine the effectiveness of direct marketing systems that both support customer acquisition efforts in current markets and for the launch of new markets
- Create measurable brand awareness in local communities
- Work with PR Team to execute media strategy
- Innovate and create new customer acquisition strategies. Utilize scrappy marketing techniques
- Develop process and identify proper tools to hand-off qualified leads to sales team to ensure accountability. Competencies
- Thorough understanding of and experience in managing key direct marketing performance metrics
- Experience managing/overseeing a broad spectrum of B2B programs, including (but not limited to) direct mail campaigns, community marketing, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage outside vendors, including selection, negotiating terms, and managing the vendor performance targets
- Ability to work and collaborate with other departments including sales and product development.
- Develop an overall playbook for customer acquisition by January 1st, 2021
- Develop a repeatable methodology for expanding customer acquisition channels in existing markets and expansion into new markets
- Develop a consistent brand for Solugen within current and future markets
- Be able to on-board & teach new team members with this playbook
- Strong design orientations
- Strategic mindset which can layout a vision and execute tactical components of plans; player/coach experience
- Experience and success using physical marketing to communicated brand and message
- Culture Fit
- Quick learner; growth-mindset; hands-on
- Bias for athleticism over specific expertise in branding, web marketing, etc.
- Highly metrics-driven
- Sense of accountability for meeting numbers
- Blend digital and direct marketing experience is ideas; chemicals experience not required, but a plus
Solugen (YC W'17) at a glance
Solugen (YC W'17) focuses on Biotechnology, Chemicals, Specialty Chemicals, and Green Consumer Goods. Their company has offices in Houston and Philadelphia. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Solugen (YC W'17) has raised $4.4M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.
You can view their website at http://solugentech.com