Solar for every American
Sales Contractor (Orange and Rockland, NY)$1k – $75k • No equity
Title: Sales Contractor (Orange and Rockland, NY)
Compensation: Hourly pay and/or commission, commensurate with experience
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Location: Orange or Rockland County (Spring Valley, Middletown, Monroe, Port Jervis, Pearl River)
Position Overview: Solstice is seeking a self motivated individual, eager to generate leads and sell solar energy. With fast growing community solar projects in Orange and Rockland County New York, we are looking for mission driven and dedicated individuals to expand our field presence and boost our community outreach & sales efforts. The position is a relationship building, customer facing, results-oriented role with significant opportunity for professional growth and autonomy. If you’re someone passionate about renewable energy and love building networks, then this opportunity is for you!
Your main responsibility will be to help us fill your portion of an existing solar farm with residential utility customers. Traditionally, our field contractors have focused on building relationships with community organizations and businesses to run creative campaigns centered around enrolling individuals in our solar farms. During the Covid-19 Pandemic, you’ll have the opportunity to develop innovative strategies to engage with partners and potential customers.
This role is 100% commission based. You will be paid for every customer that enrolls using your unique ID number. You’ll have unlimited earning potential, driven based on your grit and ability to close deals.
- Conducting outreach to and building relationships with community organizations & businesses, including houses of worship, workplaces, community centers, housing associations and other community organizations/groups
- Building a network of Ambassadors to help you grow the solar contagion effect
- Interfacing with community leaders and stakeholders to help them switch to solar
- Planning and running awareness building and enrollment events (some virtual) alongside your organizational partners
- Previous sales/political campaign experience preferred
- Comfort with public engagement and speaking with large amounts of people from different backgrounds
- Passion about the mission of Solstice
- Ability to build relationships with individuals, community organizations, and small businesses
- Knowledge of/relationships with community organizations in NY state a plus
- Comfort and ability to work remotely from a home office and in the field
- Access to a car
- Extraordinary attention to detail, highly-motivated, creative, proactive, team-oriented, self-starting and eager to work outside of an office setting
Solstice was founded to advance equity and inclusion in America. We are committed to living those values, not just in the work we do to promote environmental and energy justice, but in how we grow as an organization. We seek always to expand leadership opportunities for marginalized communities in the global transition to clean energy.
Solstice is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, genetics, veteran status, or any of the other characteristics that give each of us unique perspective and capacities.
We’re a team of mission-driven, passionate, and dedicated individuals. We’ve fostered an inclusive and fun culture through regular socials and even solar farm field trips. Apply today and get to know us!
Health, dental, vision
Paid parental leave
Every Thursday, you can work from wherever you would like and without internal meetings to help you get work done!
Employees get 15 paid vacation days as well as 8 paid sick days.
Solstice observes 17 paid holidays including the Friday after Thanksgiving. This also includes a full week and a half that the whole company closes for New Years.