Connected to the world
Grant writing/Sponsored Research (Business Development)$80k – $140k • 1.0% – 5.0%
Social and economic development is not possible without energy and electricity. Even though Africa is blessed with abundant sunshine, nearly 1 Billion inhabitants of Africa, 600 million people lack access to electricity. A primary solution to this power deficit is solar energy. SolarFi aims to connect the underserved and unconnected populations in Africa through solar-powered educational and phone charging stations.
Solar-Fi Cares is an award-winning social enterprise that provides off-grid rural healthcare access at low costs by embedding smart, modular rural clinics within integrated community systems of care. Solar power is becoming more affordable, and regions endowed with renewable energy sources like solar are placed to leverage a decentralized, off-grid approach to energy access. Off-grid mobile clinics are increasingly playing an important role in maximizing reach remote communities while lowering cost barriers of healthcare access. Our main focus now is on COVID-19, how we can use Solar and Telemedicine to reduce social distancing and provide Telehealth and tele-education services to people to marginally displaced people.
Solar-Fi clinics are outfitted with basic medical equipment (sterilization systems, drug refrigeration, point of care diagnostics devices) delivered at low cost with a focus on sustainability.
We leverage public-private-partnerships to source medical equipment donated by private corporations. In any health strategy, community engagement is key. Solar-fi Cares collaborates with community-based health partners to enhance their patient engagement at the last mile. Many rural residents do not access preventive health care due to low awareness, and high indirect costs (of transportation, the opportunity cost of working). As a result, they often only seek healthcare services in an urgent situation and when it is most costly. Engaging with community health partners to provide education and outreach is critical for the high utilization of clinic services. Community engagement also makes health provision fiscally sound through adopting cost-sharing via community-based insurance schemes.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Sponsored Researcher will be responsible for building and leading a successful fundraising program for SolarFi and SolarFi cares initiatives.
You may find find out about more info here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj-Off_T9lQ
The Sponsored Researcher will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed for an initial $2M budget through the solicitation of individual, institutional, and government funds. She/he will expand and diversify SolarFi's donor base and pipeline, with a focus on individual donors, and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new Initiatives. THIS ROLE'S MAIN FOCUS IS ON FUNDRAISING AND APPLYING FOR GRANTS.
It is expected that the amount raised by SolarFi will increase substantially in future years as the Director of Development systematically and effectively strengthens the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
Location of the role is negotiable.
- Partner with the CEO and managing directors to design and implement a comprehensive development strategy
- Collaborate with the managing directors and CFO to develop and implement programmatic financial plans
- Oversee grant writing and reporting
- Research funding sources and trends to help position SolarFi ahead of major funding changes
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present analyses to senior leaders
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors; build long-term relationships with funding sources
- Elevate awareness of SolarFI's programs through targeted marketing, thought leadership, and storytelling
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
- 3-plus years of professional experience in nonprofit development or investor relations (Willing to work with less experience if passionate and with potential)
- Demonstrated success in a development function: tangible experience cultivating and managing relationships with multiple donor sources
- Strong network and knowledge of individual and institutional donors
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within SolarFi
- Tech savvy and knows how to use digital channels to elevate SolarFi's presence and support its development goals
- High energy and passion for SolarFi's mission
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement the annual strategic development plan
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In the short-term this position would be an unpaid, part-time, as we continue to raise money, this may become a full-time role. You would be paid a commission based on grants and donations. Bonuses are available in which would bring total compensation to as high as $200,000 plus.