Jobs at Uncork Capital (formerly SoftTech VC)
Uncork Capital (formerly SoftTech VC) hasn't added any jobs yet
Get notified when Uncork Capital (formerly SoftTech VC) posts new jobs.
Latest Stories and News
- 4 weeks ago
- Sales engagement solutions provider Groove today announced that it has raised $12 million, which CEO Chris Rothstein says will be used to expand awareness and accelerate adoption.
- Level Equity led the series A round, with participation from Capital One Ventures and existing investors Uncork Capital and Quest Venture Partners. The round brings San Francisco-based Groove’s total raised to $16 million.
- Products like Groove could facilitate those shifts with automation. Already, 87% of enterprise AI adopters say they’re using (or at least considering using) machine learning for sales forecasts and email marketing.
- And according to real-time data warehouse company MemSQL, 61% of marketers believe AI is the most important element of their overall data strategy.
- 1 month ago
- The Coder's cloud-based portal solves the secure access problem for engineers working on code.
- In-Q-Tel is one of several new investors in a new $30 million funding round led by GGV Capital, with participation from existing investors Redpoint and Uncork Capital. According to cofounder and co-CEO John Entwistle, the new funding values Coder at $200 million.
- The round takes Coder’s total funding to $43 million in total, following an $8.5 million Series A funding round led by Redpoint in May 2019.
- Entwistle says Coder is not yet profitable as it focuses on growth: its new funding will be used to scale its business especially by hiring more software engineers.
- Crunchbase News
- 2 months ago
In our continued coverage of the coronavirus' impact on technology startups, it's good to look back at 2008 to understand which investor groups pulled back the most when the financial crisis hit.
By pullback the author referring to the most active investors by investor type before the downturn, and how their investing patterns changed through the downturn and beyond to 2012. Analyzing how these types of investor groups reacted in 2008 may prove valuable as everybody tries to troubleshoot what’s ahead in the venture capital world.
- 6 months ago
DroneDeploy, a startup developing a holistic cloud-based drone mapping and analytics platform, today announced that it’s closed a $35 million series D round led by Bessemer Venture Partners. Energize Ventures, AirTree, Emergence Capital, Scale Venture Partners, and Uncork Capital also participated in the tranche, which follows on the heels of a $20 million series C in June 2018 and brings DroneDeploy’s total raised to $90 million.
It’s been a busy year for DroneDeploy, which just last month at its annual conference announced its entry into the drone inspection market. The San Francisco startup says its customer roster has grown to over 5,000 companies with more than 400,000 job sites, which collectively perform over one million flights a year spanning 100 million acres in 180 countries.
CEO Mike Winn said the capital infusion will enable DroneDeploy to expand internationally, move into new industries, and build out its suite of offerings for customers.
- 7 months ago
Koan, a three-year-old online platform that aims to help teams achieve their objectives and stay engaged, has raised $3 million in seed funding led by Uncork Capital and Crosslink.
Koan, co-founded and led by CEO Matt Tucker — who previously co-founded Jive Software, an outfit that made social software for businesses and went public in 2011, then sold in 2017 — is trying to set itself apart from the many other performance management tools in the world by catering less to HR departments and targeting instead the chief operating officer or chief of staff.
Though these individuals today rely heavily on emails and spreadsheets — static products that can slow down execution — Koan tries to make them more efficient by providing them with a dashboard that makes it easier to track goals, provide feedback and execute other people-management tasks.