An insurance platform built for the future
Socotra’s Solutions Engineers work with our clients to design, develop, and deploy core insurance software that leverages Socotra’s platform. Solutions Engineers are experienced engineers with a strong background developing integrations, consulting with customers to understand their objectives, and leveraging technology to drive business value.
- Become an expert on Socotra’s APIs and how to best deploy them.
- Work hand-in-hand with Socotra’s Business organization to develop proof of concept applications, present technical demonstrations, and help Socotra clients make the most of their integration.
- Own and drive relationships with external technical audiences of all kinds — from engineer to - CTO — to understand business objectives and translate requirements into solutions.
- Provide structured feedback and work closely with Socotra’s Product Engineering team.
- Travel 20% of the time to spend time with customers around the world. (When it's safe)
You should be
- A capable engineer, with previous background building web or mobile applications.
- Experienced in software architecture patterns and able to understand how a wide variety of technologies and systems interact with each other.
- A great communicator, comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Interested in solving open ended business problems with a combination of technology and creative thinking.
- Experienced working in the sales lifecycle and driving outcomes in a customer-facing environment.
- Fluent in English.
- Has experience integrating RESTful APIs into web applications.
- Has a background working in a similar customer-facing role (e.g. solutions architect, sales engineer, or partner engineer).
- At least 2 years experience.
- Thrives in a cross-functional, collaborative environment.
- Your CV, résumé, Github, or LinkedIn page.
- Links to code or other work of which you’re particularly proud.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- Great location in San Francisco's SOMA district
- 401K Program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
This position is based in San Francisco and includes salary and equity commensurate with experience.
Top-tier health benefits
Competitive salary and meaningful equity
Daily catered meals and countless snacks
Great location in san francisco's soma district
Fun team off-sites
Flexible vacation policy
Socotra at a glance
Socotra focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Insurance, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Socotra has raised $27.865M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.