An insurance platform built for the future
Senior Platform Engineer
Socotra is transforming core technology operations for the trillion-dollar insurance industry. Our cloud-native platform streamlines the end-to-end insurance policy lifecycle, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, billing, and reporting. Socotra is built on modern architecture, allowing carriers to increase their speed to market, lower product and production costs, experience cloud-based reliability, and easily integrate with new technologies.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated Senior Platform Engineer to join our expanding engineering team in San Francisco. As a key member of the engineering team, you will help build, evolve, and scale our core technology platform to drive product innovation and success. This is your opportunity to make a big impact at a high-growth startup with an expanding client list of Fortune 500 insurers and backed by prominent investors.
- You have 4+ years of experience developing production quality Java code (a C# or similar OO language background is ok too, if you are strongly motivated to learn Java).
- You have built a major feature for an enterprise application from scratch, as part of a team, and put it in production.
- You are familiar with a relational database such as MySQL, Oracle, Postgres.
- You have a solid understanding of common data structures and algorithms, and OO design.
- You have worked at a startup or technology company.
Nice to Haves
- Experience designing APIs that are used directly by customers
- Deep experience with enterprise databases
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Python development experience
- Enterprise performance (big plus)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- Great location in San Francisco's SOMA district
- 401K Program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
This position is based in San Francisco, across the street from Montgomery BART and includes salary and generous equity commensurate with experience.
Top-tier health benefits
Competitive salary and meaningful equity
Daily catered meals and countless snacks
Great location in san francisco's soma district
Fun team off-sites
Flexible vacation policy
Socotra at a glance
Socotra focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Insurance, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Socotra has raised $27.865M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.